IS there a DVD emulator

buggesy666

dvd emu i dont see the point in one

Zach

Damn you guys are acting lame..

Lots of burning programs come with virtual drives, which let you mount CD/DVD images, etc.. try Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools or something like that.

I use it, never tried it with a DVD image yet, but works pretty good otherwise.

And contrary to popular belief, even DVD writers under $100 can be expensive to people who have bills to pay.. I sure don't choose to not have one

RockY

L H D T P M
Neco said:
Damn you guys are acting lame..

I agree with you Neco. :dry:

The real point here is... DVD emulators don't exist, a normal CD-Drive can't read a DVD disk.

Zach

Actually they do exist.. That normal CD-Roms can't read DVD's is irrelevant in this case. Many emulators use roms made from disks that were dumped on special hardware with converters, or with special software.

If DVD emulation didn't exist, you couldn't have virtal DVD drives.

HybridShadow

There are alot of Software that can Emulate a DVD Image - Nero, Alcahol, Deamon and theres more if you look around on google
The guy came here looking for help and you turn around and say just get a dvd drive (BTW its a drive not a driver) and yes Neco your right they are acting lame and not everyone just wants to go out and spend 100$+ on a dvd 'drive' He might've even had one and just wanted to mount an iso

montpics

chewbaca said:
What about a DVD player that can play games like GB, nes or snes
Well, I'd seen one VCD player able to play NES games and not SNES and GB games in my area. :cool:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
wut's a VCD player.
i know thier VHS and DVD player but me no know about VCD.

VCD = Video CD

You can play videos burned onto regular CD-Rs, basically all DVD players nowadays can play VCDS and usually SVCDS too (higher video quality).

montpics

chewbaca said:
Where do i get the emualtor that plays nes games on a VCD player?
Obviously I don't know how to do that as I'd seen several Nintendo consoles being modded into smaller and smaller, and finally fit itself into VCD player. But it is worthless as that is NOT a emulator, but a console! So, don't ever think that VCD player has its emulator. :cool: