Desktop Icons

Kelvin742

I have a problem on my desktop. Everytime I place an icon on it, it appears twice instead of once. What do I do?

Kelvin742

If I delete the second icon, then I can't access the first icon. It's the same file, it just appears twice.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
huh?!?! :confused:
so what your saying is that every time you place an icon on your PC the icon splits into two and therefore you have two icons for one program. kinda wierd.
it really should'nt do that cuz an icon is just a shortcut to a program and the icon has no need to be split. i really don't know what to tell you man.
sorry :(

hagbard

You're mostly using a multiple user setup on XP, right? The problem is the icons are placing both on the "All Users" desktop and on the other you're using

hagbard

Just use only one desktop by removing the icons on the others. For example, keep the "Documents and setting\all users\desktop" as your desktop, and remove the icons from the others "desktop" folders.

hagbard

You should have two at least, the Administrador (user name) one, and the other even it's admin or user

hagbard

Depends of your configuration, but enter the user name as "Administrator" then use the password assigned to him

Last edited:

jv9

Kelvin742, you should have an administrator user.
You create one when your installing Windows.

Kelvin742

I'm the only one who uses the computer. So that makes me the administrator?

Last edited: