PDA

View Full Version : does dreamcast emulator work

money
July 17th, 2005, 16:14
my friend told me it worked for his game
how true is this

Jale
July 17th, 2005, 17:32
Chankast Alpha is the best Dreamcast emulator ever. It doesn't work 100% (no emulator does :p), but it's playable in many ways. All you need is to download Chankast Alpha in the Main Site (http://www.emulator-zone.com) and look for the BIOS and FLASH files somewhere, because it's not allowed to say where those files are :cool:

money
July 17th, 2005, 18:15
Chankast Alpha is the best Dreamcast emulator ever. It doesn't work 100% (no emulator does :p), but it's playable in many ways. All you need is to download Chankast Alpha in the Main Site (http://www.emulator-zone.com) and look for the BIOS and FLASH files somewhere, because it's not allowed to say where those files are :cool:
would any bios work or bios specifically for dreamcast
I have seen a place where I can download it but it says segs CD bios is that the right one?

TchuBacha
July 17th, 2005, 18:19
I dont know anything about dreamcast emulator (i might get in to one day) but im guessing you need a dreamcast bios for a dreamcast emulator.

try searching google for it

Jale
July 17th, 2005, 18:21
would any bios work or bios specifically for dreamcast
BIOS for Dreamcast. dc_bios.bin

money
July 17th, 2005, 18:40
do i put it in the emulator folder when i find it

jv9
July 17th, 2005, 19:39
do i put it in the emulator folder when i find it

Yep, put it in the ChankastAlpha025 folder.

gilby
July 17th, 2005, 20:40
I forgot all about dreamcast, i need to check out that emulator...

wingnut
July 19th, 2005, 02:14
WIll a dc emulator allow you to play acual DC disks on your pc or do you need a port of the rom file ? I am not too familar with PSX or DC emulators.

305soldier
July 19th, 2005, 02:22
with dreamcast you can't stick in the gamedisk and start playing but you can with psx gamedisks.

Jale
July 19th, 2005, 02:52
Actually, Dreamcast discs are called GD-ROMs. As far as I know, it stores up to 1 GB. That's why CD-ROM drives can't read it.

hagbard
July 19th, 2005, 16:27
Actually CD-ROM drives can read part of the GD-ROMs, but being 1GB capacity isn't the cause: The GD-ROM format is so different from the CD/DVD-ROM standard that it's not compatible, no standard drive can read it. Only the DC and the rare and very expensive GD-ROM drives can read it. ;)