does dreamcast emulator work

Jale

Chankast Alpha is the best Dreamcast emulator ever. It doesn't work 100% (no emulator does :p), but it's playable in many ways. All you need is to download Chankast Alpha in the Main Site and look for the BIOS and FLASH files somewhere, because it's not allowed to say where those files are :cool:

money

Butters said:
Chankast Alpha is the best Dreamcast emulator ever. It doesn't work 100% (no emulator does :p), but it's playable in many ways. All you need is to download Chankast Alpha in the Main Site and look for the BIOS and FLASH files somewhere, because it's not allowed to say where those files are :cool:
would any bios work or bios specifically for dreamcast
I have seen a place where I can download it but it says segs CD bios is that the right one?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I dont know anything about dreamcast emulator (i might get in to one day) but im guessing you need a dreamcast bios for a dreamcast emulator.

try searching google for it

gilby

I forgot all about dreamcast, i need to check out that emulator...

wingnut

WIll a dc emulator allow you to play acual DC disks on your pc or do you need a port of the rom file ? I am not too familar with PSX or DC emulators.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
with dreamcast you can't stick in the gamedisk and start playing but you can with psx gamedisks.

Jale

Actually, Dreamcast discs are called GD-ROMs. As far as I know, it stores up to 1 GB. That's why CD-ROM drives can't read it.

hagbard

Actually CD-ROM drives can read part of the GD-ROMs, but being 1GB capacity isn't the cause: The GD-ROM format is so different from the CD/DVD-ROM standard that it's not compatible, no standard drive can read it. Only the DC and the rare and very expensive GD-ROM drives can read it. ;)

Last edited: