Help On Roms

Seymour Guado

can anyone explain me how to work with the ps2's roms that are given in here??
If not.. can u just tell me some other kool sites with ps2 roms??

J

Jet Set Willy

PS2 emulation is not at a point yet where you can play any commercial games. These free PS2 ROMs are just reference point for interested people to chart the progress of current PS2 emulation.

Seymour Guado

Originally posted by WazWaz@Jan 4 2004, 09:26 PM
PS2 emulation is not at a point yet where you can play any commercial games. These free PS2 ROMs are just reference point for interested people to chart the progress of current PS2 emulation.
hum.....k. thunx... wot bout visual boy advance do u know any good sites to download games??

J

Jet Set Willy

It is against the rules here to give out sites offering commercial games. Doing so is illegal and will get is into trouble i.e. the site shut down (maybe that's a good thing right now).

If you want to get a good collection of ROMs and such, the best thing to do is make friends in the community, and share. Learning how to use IRC effectively will help there, and you can use P2P apps if you're really desperate. Soulseek works quite well for GBA ROMs.

El Fugitivo

Eh, GBA =! Virtual Boy

Edit: Er, nevermind, my mistake. I skimmed and mistook "visual boy" as "virtual boy".
Seymour Guado, generally people refer to the ROMs by the system they are emulating, not the name of the emulator itself. I mean, you don't have to or anything, that's just the general way of doing things. If you're going to try to chat up people on IRC to find good download sources, it'd probably in your best interest to say GBA roms instead of visual boy advance roms.