Differences Between American and European Version of a GBA game.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Is there much of a difference in the American (U) version of a GBA game compared to the (E) European version. I know that crash bandicoot purple and fusion are the same game with a different name. But are theyre any games that has different levels, charecters etc depending on which country (U/E) it was released.

Jale

Mmm... I can't say about a GBA game, but when it's a TV console game it's the video system (NTSC/PAL)

I don't really know about handheld devices.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I mean like in the japanese version od pokemon blue/red your were given Mew at the end when you've caught alll 150 pokemon, but in the european version that doesn't happen. i looking for a list of games that are different depending on were it was released.

PoWaNonO

European version have a full game .For example , the only version of Final FantasyX published ,in my country,is "Final Fantasy X international".Sometimes there is a suplementary boss or mission.
But for the GBA it is not often that the case of there is a difference of US version and European version.

negative point for the TV console : sometimes European version are in 50Hertz and the game is more slow that the USversion who is in 60herts :(

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
the only diffrence i know between american and european gba games is the the codes are diffrent.

montpics

Another difference on GBA games :
American version - Only offers English version
European version - Most of the games offers multiple languages in which lets you select which language you prefer mosts.

belmont

montpics said:
Another difference on GBA games :
American version - Only offers English version
European version - Most of the games offers multiple languages in which lets you select which language you prefer mosts.
Thats the only difference.
The codes most ao time are same and saves work in both versions.
GBA devices are compatible with games from ALL regions making import easier !!!