Newbie need help...

Senpai

First of all, I got a Chankast Alpha025 with the file dc_bios.bin, but I don't really know how it works since it's the first time that I use an emulator ^^

So, I got here a copy of Resident Evil Code Veronica but the emulator doesn't read it. It keeps telling me to "insert the game disc".

What do I need to do to play with a burned CD?

(If I may need them, I got utopia boot cd, dchakker and DAEMON tool but I don't know how to use them. Like I said, I'm a newbie :/)

Last edited:

hagbard

Insert Utopia boot CD on the CD/DVD drive you first select on Chankast. Eject it and insert your RECV burnt CD. It should work, but use the first version of utopia boot loader. Anyway try to insert the game first to see it's selft bootable. It's also possible to make game self bootable, you need to got/make an Iso of your game first

You also need dc_flash.bin. To get the best results, mount your iso with Daemon tools. If it's not self boot, mount the utopia Iso first, once loaded mount the game's iso replacing the other one.

There're very nice guides here

Senpai

Ok. thx for the help.

So I created an ISO for the game and Utopia, then I mounted the utopia Iso first and once loaded I mounted the game's iso replacing the other one, but Chankast still can't read the ISO of RECV or the burnt CD. I did this operation again in differents ways (with Chankast working, etc...) but the results are the same : "insert the game disc" :/

Now I'm trying to see if the problem comes from utopia, since that you suggested me to took the first version and I don't know witch one I got here.

hagbard

I'd try to make the Iso self bootable, in the link I post before there some guides. If remember correctly there's a toolkit to easy make the ISOs self bootable. Also note that "dc_flash.bin" DC bios file it's needed too.

The Utopia Boot Loader should be 1.1 version btw. I think you won't have too much trouble to find it with google :happy:

Last edited: