Torrent Download

Kelvin742

When I use Bit Comet to download a file, two minutes it still says connecting. What do i do?

hagbard

It's not strange, depends of the tracker capability, the peers, your connection status & speed atm basically

Last edited:

the_ghost

emu wizard
it takes time for a torrent to connect and gain speed. If you just waited two minutes...be patient, start the download then forget about it for a while.

Last edited:

Kelvin742

Does the speed slow down if I'm download multiple files at the same time?

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
onewecallgod said:
of course. unless you have some fat pipe of a connection
wouldn't we all want that?

well anyway, you should first check if you're .torrent is still alive before you download it.

jv9

Tomtaru said:
wouldn't we all want that?

well anyway, you should first check if you're .torrent is still alive before you download it.

Yep, some sites says if the torrent is online or how many seeders it has.

buggesy666

bearshare is a good p2p and i think it is fast for the stuff i download music movies games roms and more

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
@buggesy666
torrents are a bit diffrent man. a p2p program downloads a file and keeps on without being disrupted cuz of the hosts it has. in a torrent it affects the speed by the amount of users DL-ing at the same time you are. see a p2p works with DL-ing little peices from one host until they get the entire file. a torrent the entire file is already their, there is only one host and the amount of users DL-ing affects the speed.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
some people like p2p cuz they download quicker and you can download much more then just a couple without it takin days to download. i use p2p for quicker results but use torrent trackers to download a rare game or program.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
well i use limewire for a p2p and if i search for psx isos it just gives me the bios and stuff. so i use torrent trackers or an actual site i know for psx isos. i think of a torrents as more of a backup to limewire.