Winamp Playlists

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Post your Winamp playlists. Don't know how? It's simple.

1. Open the playlist editor window.
2. Make sure the playlist editor is highlighted. (Clicking on it before entering the keyboard combination will do it.)
3. Enter, Control-Alt-G
4. An HTML playlist window should open up in your default browser. Just select all the songs and copy it and the paste it in your reply, or you can save the html file and use a host to upload it. Geocities and Brinkster.com are free.

*Please don't edit your music, we want to know what you really listen to, I have some weird and bad songs too, don't make fun of me too much. :( *

Here's mine:

ScotchGuy's Playlist

J

Jet Set Willy

This is only about quarter of my entire playlist, the rest being stored on CDs until I can upgrade my hard disk.

The playlist is ordered by artist, album, track#. I don't like doing things in alphabetical order as it messes up the order in which albums were designed to be heard. I mostly only download full albums.

Waz's Playlist

I quite like how almost half of the playlist is made up of groups starting with the letters A and B. 42%, in fact.

El Fugitivo

Hmm...probably about 95% of the mp3s I have don't have ID3 tags, and the filenames are just the track number followed by the track title ("10 Suffragette City.mp3", for example).

J

Jet Set Willy

My MP3 naming scheme used to be the same as that, until I had too many to maintain. Now I just make sure that they name has the track number before any variable information so that they're in the correct order.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Argh! I was waiting for you to post your playlist, then this troubling news. :(

El Fugitivo

Also, all my RX Bandits music is on CDs! Heh, just messing with you, ScotchGuy. I really like "Analog Boy", actually.

Here's my misc mp3 playlist, which has almost all of the ID3 tagged mp3s I have:
Winamp

And here's my entire "My Music\Music\Full Albums\Sorted" playlist, which I generally consider to be my full playlist:
Winamp Generated Playlist

J

Jet Set Willy

2. Blues Traveler - Hook (4:50)
4. Cay - Cheap Talk (3:28)
5. Cay - Resurrexit (2:54)
6. Coil - Aqua Regis (4:45)
7. Coil - Is Suicide A Solution (5:21)
8. Coil - Lorca Not Orca (2:03)
9. Coil - Tenderness of Wolves (4:25)

Is that a bunch of stuff I once sent you?

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by WazWaz@Jan 3 2004, 12:57 AM
My MP3 naming scheme used to be the same as that, until I had too many to maintain. Now I just make sure that they name has the track number before any variable information so that they're in the correct order.
You mean like "Pixies 01 Debaser"? I used to have all my files this way: "Pixies - Doolittle - 01 - Debaser", but with some of the longer artist names and album and song titles, I ended up not being able to see anything in my playlist editor except "Godspeed You Black Empero..."

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I know, I feel ashamed about RX Bandits. :( Ananlog Boy is good, I agree.

Heh, you have Waz's Lounge Intro I see. Not bad eh?

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by WazWaz@Jan 3 2004, 01:40 AM
2. Blues Traveler - Hook (4:50)
4. Cay - Cheap Talk (3:28)
5. Cay - Resurrexit (2:54)
6. Coil - Aqua Regis (4:45)
7. Coil - Is Suicide A Solution (5:21)
8. Coil - Lorca Not Orca (2:03)
9. Coil - Tenderness of Wolves (4:25)

Is that a bunch of stuff I once sent you?
I think you recommended it and gave links for Cay's tracks on mp3.com, as for Blues Traveler, yeah, I think I got that from you, and Coil I got off of Soulseek (at your recommendation).

J

Jet Set Willy

You mean like "Pixies 01 Debaser"? I used to have all my files this way: "Pixies - Doolittle - 01 - Debaser", but with some of the longer artist names and album and song titles, I ended up not being able to see anything in my playlist editor except "Godspeed You Black Empero..."

I used to do that in the days I refused to use ID3 tags. Now I have things in directories, so it's:

music/pixies/doolittle/filename.mp3

where filename.mp3 is anything, but always in a way that the tracks are in the right order.

As for tagging, I usually make sure that the tag only includes artist name, track name, album name and track number.

El Fugitivo

All of my "sorted" albums are in that same folder format, I just haven't bothered to add simple id3 tags to them yet. It was a big enough task to sort out all those albums and artists and manually rename each song as "01 Track Name.mp3". Then I added each album as a seperate playlist in Winamp 2.9's Media Library, so I just use that to locate an album at a time, and that's generally how I listen to my music. And now I can't figure out how to get my 2.9 Media Library over to Winamp 5, which is rather frustrating. I don't really feel like creating all those playlists one at a time again.

Nick

Nick's playlist

Things from my Soulseek folder, I mostly download full CD's also. I have a lot more music, but it's mostly unsorted mp3 singles dating back from 1996 untill recent, and I don't want to show that off. :)

suckthismeat

the small list, I am missing about 3 or 4 gig in mp3's they are on cd's somewhere round here but here is the site where you will find the list Junk folder

--edit removed the smiley as it didnt work--

El Fugitivo

Hey Waz, how much trouble did you have getting The Conet Project?

I managed to figure a solution out to my Winamp5 Media Library problem, now it recognizes the artists and albums and lists the artist in the playlist without using id3 tags. Here's an updated playlist (I deleted some incomplete albums, so it's a few hours shorter than my first "full" playlist):

Winamp_Playlist

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Jan 4 2004, 03:20 AM
Hey Waz, how much trouble did you have getting The Conet Project?
Nope, I got it off of Soulseek. It's quite small in total, 133MB.

El Fugitivo

Awesome. I remembered I had heard about it maybe a week before going home from school, and I was bummed that I wasn't able to take the time to download it then.