Prince of Persia 3

montpics

Look for some screenshots from this upcoming game. :cool:

>CLICK HERE!<

montpics

The game takes place just a few days after Warrior Within as the acrobatic prince returns to Babylon from the Island of Time and finds the city under siege by a mystery army.

To compound the situation, the spirit of a dark prince (this is where the two thrones bit comes in) slowly begins to possess the heroic wall-runner, and play switches between the two opposing characters throughout the game
The title will be named as Prince of Persia : The Two Thrones.

>CLICK HERE!< (Videos)

montpics

He finds his city ravaged by war and is soon captured by a kingdom that's turned against him. His only hope is to unleash the Sands of Time and escape.

Not only is he a fugitive in his own land, but his past battles and exploits have given birth something much more sinister - a dark alter ego called the Dark Prince who threatens to consume him from within continues... "Despite being amazing in the previous games, the animation has again been improved"

Cue lots of wall-running, jumping, time-reversing and enemy hacking. Except things are a bit more polished and refined this time around. Despite being amazing in the previous games, the animation has again been improved - with more fluidity and subtlety to the prince's movements.
More from this.

>CLICK HERE!<

Note : No info from Farah's comback though.....

montpics

Here's some info for this game....
The Prince of Persia, a seasoned warrior, returns from the Island of Time to Babylon with his love Kaileena. Instead of the peace that he longs for, he finds his homeland ravaged by war and the kingdom turned against him. The Prince is rapidly captured and Kaileena has no choice but to sacrifice herself and unleash the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now cast to the streets and hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that past battles have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him...

Screenshots :
>CLICK HERE!<
and
>CLICK HERE!<

Note :
Looks like the story will be even uglier than expected. (Thinking Prince is a heartless person and wait a minute.... using sand of time..... again?!?!) I hope Farah will appear in the game since Kaileena is gone.

Last edited:

hagbard

Would be cool to see a dark ending to finish the trilogy

hagbard

Released a couple of days ago here. Not bad, but not my kind of game

montpics

hagbard said:
Released a couple of days ago here. Not bad, but not my kind of game
Bah! Still waiting for that title to arrive. Anyway though, what's your opinion for that game? Wanna hear your personal review for that title.

hagbard

Haven't played too much atm, but enough to make my little thoughts about it I think. Since I'm not a big fan of the trilogy, I was not very excited when noticed this sequel. However, I got a good impression, more or less like with Warrior Within.

The gfx engine looks good at first, but probably too much for the PS2, which is the only version I've played. Surely would run a lot smoothly on the Xbox and PC, but this bugs me since I'm pretty sensible about slowdowns, even if are not big trouble like this case. This questions a appart, the 3D modeling becames much better than the Sands of Times, not a surprise though, but looks more or less the same as WW. I think this is the price for the detailed urban environment where the game takes place, to avoid great system requriments plus not make (even) biger differences between each port. The developers should be happy with the advent of the Next-Gen machines. Time (not blood) will tell.

About the sound, I can't remeber any song so I guess it didn't captivate me. Thus the ambientation would be better, perhaps later levels make this ramblings pointless, but I'm not sure about this aspect. Michiru Yamane would help here so much here :D

As usual, the plattaform elements are important, it's a PoP after all so the Prince animation and control it's the best for me. The strong point is even stronger while the action runs in a city, the legendary Babilon. I find this a good decission by the developers, for sure it's the best way to finish the trilogy: The Tower of Babel omnipresence it's a very good point imho. The Prince and his alter ego are pretty different to play with, looks to me a evolution of WW: The dark face is a decissive factor now.

The plot, well, a bit weird at least. The fans of the saga might understand it much better than me, so I'm a bit lost here. To tell you the truth, the Devil May Cry influence it's evident: The two sides of the Prince are not casual.

In summary, if you're a fan of the series this is probably the best conclusion they (note the the word "they") can made, but new gamers or people not into the game's plot might not find it very attractive. Good game anyway, just a bit below the potential of this character. Of course I'm a damm old school gamer, so this might be totally mistaken to casual players or young people which they first steps in what it's now a industry. Have a nice day.

InTheZoneAC

The last time I played PoP was back in elementary school, maybe 4th or 5th grade, about 12 years ago for pc. I tried this game and loved it. The controls are perfect, no bouncy or rough animations, everything is smooth and you have got to love the speed kills. This is one of those games that is easy to start off with if you have never played before, but requires thought and precision on most of the later levels.

Kite

I played this a few days ago and i think its really good. I think that the plot is nice and dark and the gameplay is awesome (so much fun doing turns of crap then stabbing stuff!) I like the bit where you cut stuff up. that bits cool :D