help with SSF

HotMustardGas

Ok I know you guys say that SSF is a better Sega Saturn Emulator but could you tell me how to use it set by set. thanks in advance.

hagbard

First of all you need the Saturn bios, either the NTSC-J, PAL or NTSC-U version. Once you got it, go to Otions -> Peripheral -> and select it at the Bios option. The emu ill quit but that's right.

Then you need to mount your Saturn Isos with Daemon Tools, either in cue-bin, iso-wav or another Iso-only format, but not Iso-mp3. If that's the case, you need to convert the mp3 to wav, although it won't be 100% correct it would mostly work.

Once mounted, select that drive on Options -> Peripheral -> CD-Drive. SSF should quit automatically, but next time you start the config would be ok, and will auto start emulation.

Now you can config the input, go Hardware -> Controller1 -> and press the key you want when it asks.

HotMustardGas

I got it to work but it's slow I have 256 mb of ram and a 2.2 Ghz processori s there anyway I can speed it up some or is there any other emulators out there that can do better I know that Sega Saturn emulation is still under devlopment but there has to be some way to speed it up some.

Thanks for all your trouble

keep fighting the good fight for Sega Saturn Emulation

hagbard

It's very slow because Saturn was a very complex machine, better in many ways than the PSX, but harder to program for. This makes emulation too hard and very resource expensive, atm it's not easy to make it work faster on any PC. Looks that less than a 3,6 Ghz Cpu is not enough