controllers anyone?

Genome

north west south west
im sure some of you know about this already. however for those that dont:
http://www.sealiecomputing.com/retrozone/
basically its a nes controller with a chip that allows it to be used as a usb controller. its a pretty cool site. my usb nes controller is already on the way and with S&H cost somewhere around $32 (U.S.).

the site also has many other controllers:
nes retro pad
nes four score
nes advantage
POWER GLOVE!!!!!!!!!! (i love the power glove....its so bad :happy: )
power pad
super nes controller
sega controller
colecovision
turbographx
intellivision
atari

they also sell kits so you can make your own. the kits are much cheaper but i dont know how to solder so i just went with the premade version. the kits also include instructions on how to put plugs for the actuall (non usb) controllers into your computer!

i will update you guys when i get my controller. =-D

Last edited:

hagbard

At my country you can get a PSX adaptor for less than 12€, anyway it's cool to play with the Nes & Snes pad again. You might know there's a freeware solution

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
yeah i will take a look at that. i just got it in today and its pretty awsome. it feels just like a real nes though when im playing...im just so happy ='-D

(that site is all in spanish and i cant find a way to translate...however i may try to do that for my sega and super nes as long as the plug isnt the kind that goes in the printer port...i hate those.)

Last edited:

jv9

Genome said:
yeah i will take a look at that. i just got it in today and its pretty awsome. it feels just like a real nes though when im playing...im just so happy ='-D

(that site is all in spanish and i cant find a way to translate...however i may try to do that for my sega and super nes as long as the plug isnt the kind that goes in the printer port...i hate those.)

Try to translate with this.
Either way you can translate a block of text (150 words) or a web page :)

the_ghost

emu wizard
hagbard said:
At my country you can get a PSX adaptor for less than 12€, anyway it's cool to play with the Nes & Snes pad again. You might know there's a freeware solution

Oh yeah I tried to do that with my PSX controller, but it says that I need to get some "diodes" but I dont know where to get them.

hagbard

You'll find diodes on any electronics shop, I mean electronic replacements and so on. I live on a small city and there a couple of that.

The PSX pad instructions are on english too. I might translate what you don't undertand btw

Last edited:

the_ghost

emu wizard
I speak spanish (not very well, but I can speak it) But for some reason
I cant read it.

^^^^ just use one of those website translating services. Its not always perfectly translated, but its understandable.
Thats what I did to read the genesis one, the playstation one is already translated.

btw thanks hagbard

Genome

north west south west
im curious what kind of plug it uses though. its some ghetto rigged thing in the printer port i dont really want it. i may take a look at it though i dont really want to spend 60 bucks on 2 more controllers. (btw guys the controller is freaking awsome. it works for gameboy also. its the best thing i have ever used)

hagbard

Yes, every those use the printer port, so unless you know to program a USB controller it's the only homebrew way. The best solution for me it's to get an USB adaptor for your console pad, most are cheap now (PS2, GC, Xbox) and works great. Btw the parallel port adaptors works great too with the right drivers :cool:

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
yeah but i dont need newer controllers. i already have a recoil pad for those systems. unless they thought up something for sega or snes i would have to use the printer port...however if they do work adequatly i guess it wouldnt be so bad.

btw nerco you can always ask retrozone if they will do an interview for osg. heck maby they will even give you a free controller.

Fable

Urban Ninja
I have kiky joy or w/e thats called. lol

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
umm me broke no have 30$ to spend on controller. besides i'll use a dualshock i bought a long time ago off my friend for cheap.

Last edited:

cloud

i took my xbox controller and wired it in with a usb cable. works like a charm with all my emus.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
cloud said:
i took my xbox controller and wired it in with a usb cable. works like a charm with all my emus.

is there a guides on how to do this with a xBox controller or over console controllers. like the psone.

cloud

Fable said:
hmm good idea.... how did you manage to solder it in?

i just found the article on how to do it below after a friend of mine mentioned that he wanted to try it, and followed the steps provided.

chewbaca said:
is there a guides on how to do this with a xBox controller or over console controllers. like the psone.

yeah. it's really easy.

http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Xbox-Controller-Mod.shtml

once you solder the wires together, you'll need a driver for it. i downloaded the XBCD driver for mine. i tried wiring in an SNES controller, but there was a brown wire and an orange wire, and i didn't know which ones in the usb cable they went to, so i used my xbox controller instead. the xbox controller cable is basically a usb cable with an extra wire. just match the same colors together, tape them up with electrical type, and your done.

as far as other console controllers, i'm pretty sure it'd work with them too if soldered correctly, but i'm not familiar with them.

Last edited: