Now it wont get past the black screen

This is what shows up, that normally doesn't

NVIDIA BOOT Agent, PXE-2.0
Client Mac ADDR
DHCP
PXE
MBA

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Is there anything that I can do, other than reformatting?

I'm running on an

AMD ATHLON 2700 - 2.1GHz
120 GB HD
512 MB RAM

If you need any information please let me know, any help is appreciated...

hagbard

You system HD is likely to be dead. You might try to reformatting but probably you need to replace it

Gohan

ok, well, it just turned on, but shut off again when i was running a virus scan

it might be random, but the temperature gauge on the front of my computer is blinking when it wont boot up

and not blinking when its good

onewecallgod

"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
always means hard drive (or maybe even controller) issues. getting a new drive should fix the problem

montpics

Same with my problem as my motherboard couldn't even detect the hard disk sometimes. It's probably the matter of time before my hard disk is 'dead'...... :cool:

RockY

L H D T P M
If you have information that you want to save, connect the HD as slave and try to save as many files as you can. That works..... sometimes.

yugiohmaster

A+ Certified
mot exactly it happened to me and all I had to to do is hold down del in the bios and select the load failsafe settings and it worked like a charm and also what he could do is set up the hard drive as a slave and use drive 2 drive and copy the data from the slave driveto a fresh new one that is what I do for living fix pc's

the_ghost

emu wizard
yugiohmaster said:
that is what I do for living fix pc's
that makes two of us ^

If you(OR A FREIND) have a cd burner get yourself one of those Linux live cd's and burn it (I recommend KNOPPIX, its the one that I use to salvage files from a bad HD that uses the FAT file system)
use that to boot your computer and save any files you may have

Did you unplug your computer while it was running?
That happend to my freind too,the DISK BOOT FAILURE thing (He unpluged his computer because it froze up on him), all I had to do to fix his was re-format. After that I started it up again(I didnt install an OS), then it said "MISSING NTLDR" or something similar. I reinstalled the OS and it was running. Your problem may be more serious,I say that because his computer was not overheating.

Last edited: