Hello

Californiagirl

So basically, I need a bit of help, as you can see. ok, first off, I have Chankcast already, and Dameon tools. Chankcast loads the dreamcast menu.
I have versioins 1.0, 2.0 and Alpha (new one) I own a few dreamcast games (the original GD) Is it possible to use the original games or must I alter them to work on the Chankcast? I have read all the facts and guides for Chankcast, and quiet Frankly, I really don't have a clue as to what in the world to do next. All I wanna do is play soulcalibur! :( I don't know a thing about the CDI images, or ISO. can somebody please explain anything that might help, especially about these images. Keep in mind, I don't exactly know much about these technical computer terms. Thank you, it would be greatly appreciated.PS-I have A Burning Promgram Called Nero Because I read about the faq saying something about needing a burning program....
C'mon help a girl out.

hagbard

Latest Chankast version it's alpha 0.25, get it at here

You can't play original GD-ROM on your PC, it's a format not compatibly with standard CD/DVD-ROM drives. The only way it's either play mounted (with Daemon Tools) ISO, or burnt ISOs. To get the ISO you need to download/borrow/etc them or extract it by yourself: it's not an easy task if you ask me, you need a DC, to plug it with your PC.
I've uploaded this guide for you. I'm not taking credit for it btw

You also need a the DC bios, dc_bios & dc_flash.bin (NTSC-J, NTSC-U, or PAL), and a the Utopia CD loader if the ISOS are not self-bootable. Google to find them

hagbard

The regional (NTSC-U/C, NTSC-J, PAL) settings for DC, a flashable BIOS.

Does it work for you without it?

hagbard

It's always better to use the full bios as possible, just as the GBA case: It would work better most of the time