Help On Gameboy Roms

I have read the rules of posting in this forum, and I have a simple how to question..

I am using currently a emulator to play Gameboy Advanced roms on my pc. All of these roms are downloads, and I own the cartridge as well. There are some games which I own that I would like to make roms of, but I do not know how to go about this.

Can someone please post some direction on how I can make roms from cartridges I own, or send some information on a place to buy an adapter to do this.

Any information given, will be greatly appreciated.. I do love playing the games, but I get so tired of looking at that small screen.. The computer screen is so much better.. Thanks..

Zach

The only way to dump roms is with a backup device

Said backup devices are illegal.

fyi, owning the cart won't save you if you download roms.

M.H.A.Q.S.

but I get so tired of looking at that small screen.

You are trying to shoot down the actual idea behind a handheld console. I really can't figure out the real intentions or use of emulating a GB.

I buy any new GB, just because I need to play those games while I travel.

Well, I bought that GBA player for the Gamecube to play my games on TV.

Zach

The need to play games on a tiny screen is not the reason handhelds exist.

There is nothing stopping people from making handhelds with larger screens.

M.H.A.Q.S.

You don't understand my point Neco. I wanted him to live with the tiny screen of GB. That's it.

And there isn't any point behind having a big screen of a handheld system.

**14'' GB on sale, play it while you walk........in the party**

El Fugitivo

Something in the 5-7" range would be considerably better than the current size for visibility and yet still be reasonably small enough to just toss in a bag, backpack, briefcase, purse, or even a pocket.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Something in the 5-7" range would be considerably better than the current size for visibility and yet still be reasonably small enough to just toss in a bag, backpack, briefcase, purse, or even a pocket.

That's what i mean. Avatar likes to play on screen bigger than that, and you probably see TV's in that size.

I thank ya'll for the help.. and such.. and yes.. I bought a game boy to travel... but when I am home.. I get so tired of pulling out the little handheld thing to play the games.. thus the computer is so much more friendly, and I can run a million other things while playing a somewhat larger version of the games..

To be really anal retentive.. I bought My gameboy to play really one genre of games, the same for about every other system I have bought over my many years of buying systems.. I am an incurrable Castlevania junkie.. what can I say.. but anyways.. I digress.. Thanks for the help.. and the color commentary.. I will keep checking in to these totally fascinating boards..

El Fugitivo

If you just want to play CastleVania games, it'd be easier, faster and cheaper to just download the ROMs from ROM sites. Google should help you out plenty in finding them. Because it's so easy to get GB ROMs online, there's really no reason I can think of why you would need a backup device, especially since as Neco said, they're illegal.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
I added Avatar to my messenger minutes after he made this post and took him to PLENTY of places to get ROMS. I showed him a few good we sites and a kick-ass IRC channel. He's a pretty good guy, so I hope the guys around here don't phlame him to death.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Good for him.

Gameboy is like my best mate while travelling, playing those games on an emu never interested me.

I bought GBA-SP few weeks ago and I love it.

But there is one thing i'd like to know. Is there any way:

- That you have a Flash Cartridge, and you can load any game onto that cartridge from your PC to it. And play that cartridge on your GBA. Possibly a Flash Cartridge.