Sound problems with zinc and other problems.

kitaeren

I'm a noob with zinc so please excuse my lack of experience using it.

Every single game for zinc does not output sound. I have tried every single game, but I get sound in none of them. I have looked all over the message boards on different webpages and found nothing about a sound problem in zinc. Any idea why I am getting no sound?

I am currently using DaFreak's GUI to play games, but I also have Aldo's front end as well. I get no sound in both cases. I have checked to make sure that sound is enabled in the GUI, I even brought up the zinc.cfg and made sure it was set to yes. Still I get no sound.

The other problem I have is that I can't get any System 12 games to go past the initializing screen. For example, as soon as I load Tekken 3, I get a screen that says, "Initalizing!!! Jamma Video Standard [ Step 1 ] Main namco ltd. / System 12 JVS Check 0 I/O 1 / / 0Player 0Sw 0CoinSlot Nothing I/O 2 / / 0Player OSw 0CoinSlot Nothing". Just so you know, and I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, I did put firmware.zip in the roms folder. Maybe I should have unzipped it?

I have seen some emulators be picky or not work right if they are not directly in the C directory. Is Zinc picky like that? In other words, does it need to be located in C:\Zinc ?

Zinc is currently located in C:\Documents\Brian\My Documents\Games\Zinc

Maybe there's a problem because there's a space in the file path?

Thank you for your help!

hagbard

Make sure you got the latest Zinc and in the same folder there's a file named sound.znc. I'd try Aldo's plugin as I feel less buggy than DaFreak one.

System 12 games doesn't need a separate bios file, but anyway none of the ZN1/2, etc have a "firmware.zip" bios. The bios should be located on zip files named like this: "cpzn1.zip", "cpzn2.zip", "acpsx.zip", "atluspsx.zip", "atpsx.zip"

I suggest you to use a rom manager like ClrMamepro or Romcenter, or better download the bios files again. About System 12, perhaps the roms files are not correct: Tekken 3 have many issues anyway. Btw, forget the "C:" problem as I haven't seen anything like this till now.

Last edited:

montpics

firmware.zip consist only cpzn1 and cpzn2 bios which is used mostly on Street Fighters EX games in previous version of ZinC. Now the developer had changed the its usual romsets into MAME standard romsets.

Okay, on topic. It seemed that you roms seemed to be incomplete. Try to check with RomCenter of ClrMAME Pro whether your roms is fully complete.

System 12 games, I never had that kind of problem yet. Only key configuration problem as I was experienced it before. :cool:

kitaeren

Sound works now! Yay! All I needed to do was put sound.znc in the main folder.

My only problem now is getting Rival Schools to run at full speed. I turned off it's sound and all extra graphics options but it still only runs at 22 frames per sec. Any thoughts on improving the frame rate?

I will try downloading Tekken 3 from a different location and try those programs you listed if it still does not work.

Thank you.

hagbard

Use 16 bit clor depth and lower resolutions. Try both D3D & OGL plugins, perhaps one works better for you, set it up on Aldo's ZincFE. Actually the most important it's the CPU speed than the video card as most emulators, so unless it's either a really old or crappy card that should be noticeable on higher resolutions, texture and filter effects.

Last edited: