Nebula and Kwakas, dont want to "see" my games

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerB

hello peoples
my problem is that Nebula and Kwakas, dont want to "see" my games in the "load list". yes i have changed it to the directory where my roms are, after doing this only 2 games show up though (they run perfectly).
Now i saw a thread where a dude was having the same problem, but no one gave him an answer. someone just said "go to altavista" :mad: which i thought was not in the community spirit.
I am using XP, i used to use neorage, but when i start it, i get the annoying "Error with Proram, Do you want to send this report to MS",
these new emulators look cool, nice and light, and not full screen which can be rather convinient. I also tried MAME, and old rage emus.... Might i add, that for extremely talented and dedicated programmers, those guys have the worst website. lol. took me 20 mins to find the downloads... haha.

Anyways, back to my question hehe. Why wont my roms show up ? and why do 2 of them show up, i have atleast 100. Is it because i changed the name of the zip from downloading, but that shouldnt matter huh.

Hope some one reads this and knows whats up.
thank you in advance for your great help. ! :D

montpics

Official NeoRageX is not support WindowsXP and it was discontinued long time ago. :rolleyes:

The ones you said the game doesn't show up on Nebula and Kawaks which means the roms that you are having now is pretty much outdated and can't be matched to their romsets. So, there are some hacked version of NeoRageX which can run under WindowsXP but we can't tell you where you get the emulator as the rules being stated. :cool:

So, check with your roms with Kawaks by auditing files. Then you will know what is missing. If you are using Nebula, check with the dat file from Romdata folder. (But still not recommended to newbie.) :)

computerB

roms outdated ? thats the worst F ing thing that could happen .
you mean i have to find a redownload, 2gb worth of roms ?
there must be another way..
also i tried several versions of neorage even the hacked, but it didnt quite work. Also how do i audit. ?

this sucks, to the MAXX. im not gonna dl all my roms again. no way.
stuff like this always happens to me :fuckyou:

montpics

As I mentioned before..... check first before you mentioned it. :cool:
montpics said:
So, check with your roms with Kawaks by auditing files. Then you will know what is missing. If you are using Nebula, check with the dat file from Romdata folder. (But still not recommended to newbie.) :)
For MAME32 click any game, right click and then click on audit.

For Kawaks, check with audit game by clicking on Tool and then click on Audit if I am not mistaken. Later then, check with it on clrmame.txt (I guess that's the one) found on the same folder as it would tell you what is missing.

Other than redownloading them all, there is another way by having a rom patches in which STILL not allowed here at the moment. :cool:

computerB

yeah thanks for the reply, i need a minute to absorb the information, and implement it. :p
In all seriousness, i doubt the roms i downloaded are that old. i dont know anything about bios, or anything else, im used to using zsnes, neo, virtualboy etc , where you just put the roms in the same folder, and your set. so maybe ive done somethin wrong.
This rule of secrecy is seriously annoying....everyone on this forum seems to be adhering to this horrible rule, as if their lives depended on it. i mean, without links, you cant really help anyone out, or tell them where to get newer stuff, tools or anything. i suppose i would get banned if i told you where i got these roms from, so you could tell me if they are truly out of date.
not happy about this :dry:

montpics

computerB said:
In all seriousness, i doubt the roms i downloaded are that old. i dont know anything about bios, or anything else, im used to using zsnes, neo, virtualboy etc , where you just put the roms in the same folder, and your set. so maybe ive done somethin wrong.
So am I, but I still using the old emulators to play them instead. Most the games I had is around 7 years old. Recent emulators, especially Arcade emulators, the romsets of each rom are changed/kept up to date and collectors seemed keeping it on every version. I stop updating it since MAME32 v0.87. :p
This rule of secrecy is seriously annoying....everyone on this forum seems to be adhering to this horrible rule, as if their lives depended on it. i mean, without links, you cant really help anyone out, or tell them where to get newer stuff, tools or anything. i suppose i would get banned if i told you where i got these roms from, so you could tell me if they are truly out of date.
not happy about this :dry:
Well, there's another method rather than posting it 'publicly'. That's all I can say. But first check with your ROMs first. ;)

computerB

i just did audit files, just got the notepad file with error not found all the ay down,. Now im going to look for MAME32 v0.87 to try it.
See what i mean, first you said im going to have to redownload, then you tell me that you yourself use an older emu.... :p
this sucks :msn_cry:

montpics

computerB said:
i just did audit files, just got the notepad file with error not found all the ay down,. Now im going to look for MAME32 v0.87 to try it.
See what i mean, first you said im going to have to redownload, then you tell me that you yourself use an older emu.... :p
this sucks :msn_cry:
But your problem is using NeoRageX in which I can't help you since the emulator cannot run under XP. Luckilly I have Windows98 if I really have NeoRageX. ;)

computerB

No thats only part of my problem.
The other part of my problem is that , nebula a kawaks, cannot recognise my roms.
This is ridiculous, i cant even put an email on the post..... :mad:
LAAAAAAAME

hagbard

It's possible to anyone to mail you. Look at your profile.

computerB

i just looked in my profile, and couldnt find anything.
nonetheless, i thought you might have an answer to my question.. hehe

HOW DO YOU RUN........... ALLL MAME ROMS ON.........WIN XP ???

the_ghost

emu wizard
computerB said:
Why wont my roms show up ? and why do 2 of them show up, i have atleast 100. Is it because i changed the name of the zip from downloading, but that shouldnt matter huh.
yes it does matter

now I dont know that much about arcade emulation (that shit is too complicated)
but I do know that the directory (folder or zip file) has to be named specificly
(u said that you renamed the zip file)
i only have two games that I run on mame
one is Marver Super heroes (i forget which one)
the other is samurai showdown (i also forget which one)
and mame only reconizes one of the games (Marvel Super heroes)
I keep Marver Super heroes in a folder named "mvsc" (thats the way it recognizes the game)
and samari showdown in a folder called "samsho"
In order to play samurai showdown I have scroll trough the list of all supportd games an find it then click on it (it doesnt show it in "available" list)
Im using mame32 btw
Spoiler »
untitled6bs.png

i dont know maybe you renaming the zip file is what messed your shit up

Last edited:

computerB

thats what i was beginning to think, but different sites can have different zip names, what really matters is whats in the zip file. because the few roms that show up are also renamed.
When i had win98, i used neo X i think and all games ran without any problems. GBA and SNEs, etc still work with renamed zip files. I just cant get my head around why the mame ones dont. I was gonna burn these on dvd after I found a emulator that works, but i still cant find one. I got some mame X hack. or alternate version, but no games load. sigh !

computerB

Nope, just went back to the rom site, and renamed some roms, to their original name. SAME THING !! GGRRRRRRR

Do any versions of MAME, OR NEO work on Win XP ??? Cos the ones i have tried are all rubbish. Im sure someone has encountered this problem, as XP, is more widely used now ***********

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
try useing the internal name from the mame site. use the names on the rightest part of the list when you scroll down a bit.

computerB

305 soldier thanks heaps dude. it worked. i had to rename like 350 roms. the reason i thought it wasnt working is that i first renamed some roms that werent even supported by kawaks, and nebula.. Buh :confused:

The problem now is that only 18 games, out of 350 area actually supported by kawaks and nebula. and i cant use mame cos im on XP. it strikes me as odd that new emulators would actually support so few games../.

what can i do , any recommendations. ?

and thanks again !!

silverblade987

why can't you use mame in XP?

Anyways, use MAME32, it works for me in XP. And, email me for a site that shows you the correct zip name when you download the rom.

*SNIPPED!*

Last edited by a moderator:

hagbard

Every Mame PC versions, appart from the MS-DOS one which it's not main version anymore, work perfectly on any Windows.

The renaming task it's easy with Clrmamepro and Romcenter

About the email:

vbulletin_email.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

computerB

too late for that. :happy: i was looking for a program to rename, but couldnt find one for mame. so i did it manually

trust me it doesnt work perfect on my machine, i would really rather use kwakas, which is the best and fastest for me,. but can someone.,please explain, how to or if i need to make this bios.zip ...or exactly step by step, how to update the dat file. because i have tried, and failed. numerous times, and im sick of it.. .
PLUS, it would serve very well, for every newbie coming here to this forum in the future and starting another thread about the same thing, :p

silverblade i sent you an email, i hope you got it. :my_rambo:

Status
Not open for further replies.