epsxe freezing at a speicific cutscene

craziii

this happens with the game ff9, I have the image files to load n play with.

for those of you who are familiar with ff9, u get a cut scene after u beat black waltz #2 where u land in lindlum. But my epsxe freezes when the cut scene is play. I play alot of fansubs to know that it looks like a video codec problem. my whole screen turn into color blubs, mostly green. I get that sometimes with some previouse cut scenes but never had problem though, or this severe (like I only get like 1/2 sec of hte blob n only 5% of the screen)

Could someone tell me if it is the iso, or my epsxe or something else. plz reply if u know.

montpics

That kind of question had been mentioned many times. Use ePSXe 1.5.2, PSXeven, or SSSPSX to solve it. :cool:

the_ghost

emu wizard
always try diferrent emulators if doesnt work with one try the other,
some times when new versions of emulators are realeased they change something that conflicts with cirtian games

craziii

it worked!!!! awsome Thank you so much!

I got one more problem, even with 1.52 I still get that unbearable noise in the background that starts with the airship scene n stays with the game :( how do I fix it?

craziii

just wanna say thank you so much. Switch to a diff sound plugin and it is perfect now.

I got the epsxe from a friend all set up for me :p He thought it would be easier than teaching me over the net.

Again, thx for sticking around n help me with this :)

tjtsantos

craziii said:
it worked!!!! awsome Thank you so much!

I got one more problem, even with 1.52 I still get that unbearable noise in the background that starts with the airship scene n stays with the game :( how do I fix it?

What emulator did you use? I am having problems and happens everytime during CGI sequence. It won't run smoothly, too choppy.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
try epsxe 1.5.2 which is at the official site, i had a problem like this and i fixed it by using epsxe 1.5.2 and pete gpu plugins for graphics and P.E.Op.S sound plugin. and if your using daemon tools to make an image try mounting the game directly to the emulator.