Gens32 controller problems

ProfZoom

OK, Gens32 is so close to being my favorite emulator, but I have a problem: They didn't seem to have inputs for diagonal controls. Has anyone fixed or found a way around this?

hagbard

Are diagonal controls something important? I've never mapped them and works ok for me

ProfZoom

Well I'm trying to play Splatterhouse 3. And I can't go up the stairs in the first area of Moonwalker. It just strikes me as strange that they would make such a good emulator and not have you be able to map the diagonal controls.

hagbard

Looks to me a gamepad or driver problem instead than a Gens bug remapping diagonals keys.

montpics

hagbard said:
Looks to me a gamepad or driver problem instead than a Gens bug remapping diagonals keys.
Not sure whether ProfZoom is using a gamepad or Keyboard though..... :rolleyes:

hagbard

Yup, I know that's bacause with a keyboard it's not possible to make an input by pressing 2 keys at the same (read: <up>+<right> it's not upright diagonal with a keyboard). I supposed he was talking about a gamepad, but who knows...

A modded keyboard-like pad? :D Well, some people made homebrew arcade sticks with keyboards

Last edited:

DraigGwym

DownLoadable Messiah
I'm using a Recoil gamepad I got at Wal-Mart. So I guess I need a better pad, then.

Actually, It's not the pad as I have three, A generic 10$ gamepad from a zellers, A Logitech Propad USB and a Logitech rumblepad 2 usb, And all of them don't allow me to use the pad. In the readme for Gens32 it suggests deleting the CFG file and re-trying to configure your pad to get around this. I tried myself and it didn't do the trick for me. With any luck, They're working on it because playing a game like Sonic3D REQUIRES the diaganals unfortunately.. :/

[Later addition]

I forgot to mention that the propad and rumblepad 2, While having the benefit of being rugged and all, Can be programmed to use KB keys as well as working as a joystick. Maybe one could get around the issue by setting the pad up as a keyboard. Anyways, It's an idea.

Last edited: