something else i want to learn about

T

tekbow

hey everyone

ok reason for being here. final fanatsy 7.. want to play it on my pc but theres so much conflicting stuff bout the pc version that i dont know whether to buy it and try to work with the patches or buy the ps1 version and use the emulator, so..

a) has anyone else done something similar to what im asking?
b) how do resolutions work for emulators?
c) does anyone know anythin bout the pc version?
d) how do u set up and emulater (with regards to bios and plugins)
e) is it actually the ps 1 disc u use in the pc. can a pc cdrom drive read a ps disc?

any other infromation anyone wants to volunteer or think might be useful, im all ears. the only way u learn is to ask, worked wi overclocking, will hopefully work wi this.

cheers everyone

spaceduk

welcome to the forum lol. ive been away for a while lol

montpics

tekbow said:
hey everyone
Read the RULES before posting. Looks like it's another Final Fantasy question..... again! :p
a) has anyone else done something similar to what im asking?
For PC version, I don't have so can't say much about it.
b) how do resolutions work for emulators?
Take any resolution will work depends on your graphic card. But nothing much change to the game graphic itself the higher resolution you put.
c) does anyone know anythin bout the pc version?
I heard someone had the same problem with the PC version and being told to get the patch for it. (I think is a compability problem) That's all I know.
d) how do u set up and emulater (with regards to bios and plugins)
You may view it from here.

>CLICK HERE!<
e) is it actually the ps 1 disc u use in the pc. can a pc cdrom drive read a ps disc?
Yes, it can. :)
any other infromation anyone wants to volunteer or think might be useful, im all ears. the only way u learn is to ask, worked wi overclocking, will hopefully work wi this.
So, you are 'expert' on PC hardware? :rolleyes:

T

tekbow

well ff7 is the greatest game of all time (and thats saying sumthin given im not fussed on console games in general)

im confident to stick together a pc and overclock it, thnx to people on similar forums, but i wudn say "expert" tho. if any1 does have anythin they think i can help with please ask, but i dare say most of u know what ur doin, probably to a greater extent than me. check out my hardware bit in my profile to see what im running

:fuckyou: that smiley is wicked but its not directed at anyone. jus think it luks cool

Last edited:

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
Why not make an introduction then post your question somewhere else?
You get more posts. :p

montpics

PhatPlaya said:
Why not make an introduction then post your question somewhere else?
You get more posts. :p
PhatPlaya, tekbow is not like you and so as other members here in this forum. :cool:

T

tekbow

actually think i got pretty much all the info i need from montpics first reply to get up and running so cheers muchly :D

if i have any other questions il head over to the boards to post

Zapotech

Fecal Lord
I wish there was something about emulation I haven't learned yet. *sigh*

err... PC version has nothing to do with emulation. I think you have the PSX version. If you're having problems running that game it's most likely a hardware problem(either your processor or graphics card) which means you would have to upgrade to play it.

Make sure to download the plugins and BIOS files for the emulator, won't work without them regardless of anything else.

Also, it would be helpful if you provide your PC's specs when you ask about running a game. ;)

Last edited:
T

tekbow

actually i dont have either, i was wonderin what wud be the better option al round, emulate ps1 version or buy (unreliable) pc version and try to make it work with the xp update patch which seems to work according to other forums, but not all the time, and when it doesnt there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason. basically wud the trouble id go to in setting up the emulator for a ps1 version be less than trying to get a notoriously twitchy pc game designed for windows 95 to actually work?

my pc specs are in my user profile mate.

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
my opinion is try to download an iso before you buy the game.
besides its free if you just download.

T

tekbow

here's where i start learning stuff..

whats and ISO and what does it do?

when u say download the game are we talkng like a rom, or straight download from some location? like burning a disc for instance? and do u mean download the PC or PS1 version? guys seriously im clueless :wacko:

the_ghost

emu wizard
.ISO = Its like burning a cd but to your hard drive
so if you download FF7 as an Iso you get a file named FF7.ISO (or something similar, .ISO is the file extension)

This ISO file can then act as an acual CD after being mounted on a virtual drive (yes CD/DVD drives can be emulated also) ( OR it can be burned onto a CD-R and be played from the cd without the need to mount it on a virtual drive)

for using with a virtual drive you will need
daemon tools <-----google it

now that ISO can be loaded onto a virtual cd/dvd drive (daemon tools) and act as if you put a real cd/dvd in your drive (your computer wont know the difference) now you can play your game without the cd

its against the rules for us to give links to games/roms and shit like that so your on your when it comes to finding the .ISO
once you have the ISO or (the actual cd, whatever you want) then we'll
help you set it up

oh by the way I think he's talking about downloading the playstation game .ISO

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
yeah heres where you can get daemon tools. somtimes you won't need to emulate the cd with DT and you can mount the ISO on the ps1 emulator directly(worked with FF9).