How to burn you favourite dreamcast games

jv9

How to burn your favourite dreamcast games

Ok, here's a tutorial that I've made on how to burn your dreamcast games..

How to burn .ccd files
A .ccd file contains information about the logical structure of the CD.It's a
ASCII text file and is used in conjunction with .IMG and .SUB files of the same rootname like .bin and .cue files.

You need a:
1.CloneCD program
2.Brain

Open CloneCD. And press the button Write from ImageFile. Browse after the .ccd file of the
game and press next. Choose the GameCd option and burn.

How to burn .cdi files
You need a:
1.DiscJuggler program
2.Brain

Open Discjuggler. Go in File and then New and press Burn Cd and DVD images.
Click on the CD and the papper image and browse for the .cdi file. After you have done that
go in the "Advanced" tab.
Change Mode to Mode1/DVD and TOC should be CD-ROM/DVD.
In the misc area chech the box RAW Write and Overburn CD.
Go back to "Source & Destination" tab and click start. And don't forget to insert the CD..
All .cdi files is often selfbootable so no need to use boot cd.

How to burn .bin and .cue files
You need a:
1.Cdrwin program
2.Brain

Open Cdrwin. Press the record disc option. Press the Load Quesheet and browse after the .cue
file of the game. The .que is a file that gives information where the real image
of the game is .bin.
Then press Record Disc.
You need the utopia boot loader disc to play games which is burned as .bin and .cue.
Don't ask where you can find it as it isn't allowed to ask here..

How to burn .mds files
You need a:
1.Alcohol120% program
2.Brain

Burn the .mds file with Alcohol120%.

After you have burned them insert the Utopia boot disc loader in the dreamcast. When it
says insert cd insert the burned cd. Likewise with chankast.

Last edited:

hagbard

Emulate the image with Daemon Tools, then do a direct CD to CD copy with any decent CD burning program

cant find what i was looking for nvm

Last edited:

trillsk8

hagbard said:
Emulate the image with Daemon Tools, then do a direct CD to CD copy with any decent CD burning program

so what you are saying is that tha things tha dude above you wrote is not worth:confused: .. you just use tha daemon tools and use any burning program;)

hagbard

Correct, but next time please don't bump a 8 months old thread

trillsk8

hagbard said:
Correct, but next time please don't bump a 8 months old thread

yea but if i wanted to start a new topic about this, someone would tell me 'search before you start a new topic on tha same thing' or some like that.

anyway if i have a .mdf and a .mds file for a game, do i burn both of them to a cd or just one.... also (i know this is a stupid question) does dreamcast need a chip to play these games:huh:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
trillsk8 said:
yea but if i wanted to start a new topic about this, someone would tell me 'search before you start a new topic on tha same thing' or some like that.

That is only if you have a question, which is already answered...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
anyway if i have a .mdf and a .mds file for a game, do i burn both of them to a cd or just one....
Well,check the bold letters.

hagbard

use the MDS, is the equivalent to CCD or CUE

Last edited:

CactusJack

I downloaded Marvel vs Capcom 2. The first post states that you burn the .mds which when opened with rar is only 2kb. But the other file that it contained is 742,654 kb and its an .mdf. Which should i use?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The .mds can be seen in relation to the .mdf as a .cue to a .bin.
Just open the .mds in Alcohol120% andit will automatically load the data from the .mdf.

gforce75

Cloud
Err, it's been awhile for me. I recall that alcohol has these preset modes on what type of disc your copying. It will let you select playstation, music general protection, and some other options. From what I remember, select the right one and it will configure what you need. It's important to get the right one to ensure your able to copy fine. If your having problems with protection, use anydvd2 (highly recommended) or 43dvd.

CactusJack

The options it gives me are: DAO/SAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO+SUB, RAW DAO AND TAO. It doesn't give straight forward names like playstation or music.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Err, it's been awhile for me. I recall that alcohol has these preset modes on what type of disc your copying. It will let you select playstation, music general protection, and some other options.

Your confusing Alcohol 120% with CloneCD.