chankast help

jv9

First of all you need the dreamcast bios that looks like this: dc_bios.bin and
dc_flash.bin. Use google or any other search engines to find it.
Put it in the same folder as ChankastAlpha025. Now you need the game image of
the dreamcast game. Don't ask for game images HERE as it isn't allowed here,
read the rules.
When you have it mount it with
Daemon Tools.
Now open the chankast emulator and go in options. Change the drive to the one
that you mounted the game image with daemon tools. After that go in Run and
then start.

kewlsan

ok istillcant find any images but igot the dc bios part and flash part working all ineed to know is how to i play the games like when i get the images do i copy them to a dvd or cd? and yes igot that damien tools thing

mhl12

do you actually have the game cds? Mount the cds using daemon tools as a virtual drive. So for example, you have drive c for your computer hardrive and drive d for your cd/dvd drive. Drive F will appear as your virtual drive created by daemon tools.

hagbard

No common standard CD/DVD-Rom it's capable of reading/ripping DC GDs, only special development GD-Rom drives which are rare and very expensive. You can only play mounted Isos (Daemon Tools) or burnt Isos to CDs, either downloaded or ripped from DC. You also need the Utopia Boot Disc to play them if are not self bootable.

Last edited:
Utopia

Incase your wondering, Utopia cant be ran in the Chankast, like you would normaly use it on a DC. You need to make the ISO's bootable. Dc Emulation (google that term) has tutorials to help you get them running without the utopia.

Also you forgot one thing, you need the ASAPI program thing (god i forgot the name) maybe someone else response and can help out abit more, or I will try to research a bit and re-post .

hagbard

wsounitepirate895 said:
Incase your wondering, Utopia cant be ran in the Chankast, like you would normaly use it on a DC. You need to make the ISO's bootable. Dc Emulation (google that term) has tutorials to help you get them running without the utopia.
Yes it can
Spoiler »
utopiaonchankast.jpg

Just use your real CD/DDV drive
wsounitepirate895 said:
Also you forgot one thing, you need the ASAPI program thing (god i forgot the name) maybe someone else response and can help out abit more, or I will try to research a bit and re-post .
It's called ASPI and it's not needed because Chankast only run on XP or Windows 2003 (IOCTRL). You only need it to load the Utopia Boot disc btw.

Last edited: