Help! Crash In Ff9

goemon134

Hi Guys,

I'm using VGS on FF9 . My game crashed in a Cg movie sequence where Queen Brahne summoned Bahamut against Kuja. I don't think it's a bug, maybe a glitch on my CD. Can Someone help me get pass this scene? I'll email you the saved memory. My email is goemon134@hotmail.com. Thanx a million. :D

goemon134

IT'S NOT A BUG!! The CD I have is a copy from my friend, the crash in the Bahamut Cg sequence is probably the result of it. I'm using Pentium III 450, 196mb RAM, and a GeForce II MX. I'm quite satisfied with using VGS in Win98 (with Daemon v3.32) and I used a patch from aldostools.com. I do admit that ePSXe has much better performance but the weird thing is that the battle menu won't show up during the battles. I've also attempted to convert my saved VGS memory card into ePSXe memory but the conversion results into a blank memory, the saved data wasn't brought through. The memory conversion tool I used is again from aldostools. I have previously finished the Japanese version FF9 twice without any problems on VGS. I couldn't get the original CD from my friend, or any other english version FF9 or else I wouldn't be having so much trouble. So PLEEEEEEEEEZ somebody help!
FF9 VGS patch: http://www.aldostools.com/patch/ff9fix5.zip

M.H.A.Q.S.

first get a tool named PSXEdit. I think its a good psx memory save editor,as well as a converter.

Convert the save with it and run the game on epsxe.
You can avoid the crash in 2 ways.

1.) Get the copy corrected, or play it with ePSXe.
2.) You probably have an iso that you load upto Daemon. Skip the movie by ejecting the CD right where you get the Crash. When you reinsert the CD, the movie will skip and the game will resume.

And I don't think you'll get much help here. Goto www.ngemu.com and ask a question there in the Psx forum.

People there have a alot of experience in running PSX games.