how do you deal with anger?

donkeyknob

what is your strategy for dealing with situations that make you want to punch anyone in the face? i am rather primitive- i prettymuch react violently. and it doesnt take much to set me off. i threw a sizeable chunk of timber across the workshop because it didnt fit and i had to go through an entire process of creating a new piece (cutting, dressing, shaping/moulding)

montpics

I cried over anger...... :(

RockY

L H D T P M
First I start flaming anyone in front of me.
Then I play some games, such as Doom III Arena.

twobit84

Banned
When i was little i threw the first thing in sight at whatever was making me angry (which was usually my three older brothers)

As i got older i would sometimes get so angry that i would cry... which made me even more angry.

Now i just need a few minutes to seethe and calm down. sometimes i rant a little bit... but i can never stay angry

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
i mostly hit what or who made me angry unless its my parents then i beat the sh*t out my my punching bag.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
oh yeah i forgot about san andreas.jacking and killing cops is paradise when your ticked off.

onewecallgod

when i get pissed, i turn on angry guitar, bass heavy music loud. or, i go for a run or bike ride, fresh air helps a lot.

donkeyknob

angry guitar/bass music just keeps me angry. fresh air doesnt help. and its quite comforting knowing that im not the only one who solves my problems through violence, seeing as my TAFE teacher wants me in anger management

Zach

Being angry sucks. Its great to piss other people off. Keeps me entertained enough these days, between all the wacko-liberal forums out there who hate anything as long as the rest of the group does, to this place which sees its fair shair of stupid people.

hitmonlee

seriously though, if im angry i either sit in my room and be angry, no music no other stimulation, just me and my anger. or i take drugs to forget what is making me angry. im not sure if thats better than hitting things or not.

donkeyknob

what drugs work for you? im constantly requiring more and more alcohol and its very annoying havin to spend so much on it

hitmonlee

drugs are only a short term solution that dull my anger in the short term but increase it in the long term. usually pot or valium. xanax sometimes but that's really no good at all because it gives you blank spots. i don't recommend drugs!

i got really angry on the weekend and i yelled and slammed doors while the person i was fighting with sat there calmly saying "i don't like the way you deal with anger, amy, are you going to do this every time we fight?"

:eek:

dunno how he expects me to react when he's such an asshole :fuckyou:

i know a couple of people who have done anger management courses, didn't really help them.

a good friend has managed to deal with his anger by learning how to meditate and stuff like that. :)

Zach

donkeyknob said:
what drugs work for you? im constantly requiring more and more alcohol and its very annoying havin to spend so much on it

Its time for AA classes. Unless you want to spend your life on a machine waiting for a new liver or kidney or whatever it is that alcoholics end up killing

hitmonlee

yes, good point neco.
i know a few people a bit older than me (25ish) who have been told to stop drinking now or face certain death or transplants.

hanzmoleman007

I used to have a hard time with anger. I would go running, listen to music, have a few drinks ect.. never really seemed to be a long term solution. Then one day my Dad said to me "son you really should'ent get so angry in life. It's not worth it. At least you have your health." Then a little after that he died from a brain tumor that came on very fast. Now I rarely EVER get angry. I'm like a duck in water, it just beads off me.