PDA

View Full Version : Hi

snake
May 30th, 2005, 18:44
I am going to be starting my own emulator site soon. Which will go by the url http://www.emulation-heaven.com

However this will be a forwarding url and will redirected to http://emu.outer-heaven.co.uk

I do not know how I will be able to put emulators on my website. Am I able to take files from other websites and put them on my own website database?

Or is this ilegal, If so can someone direct me to somewhere where I can get more information on this.

Jale
May 30th, 2005, 18:56
The links doesn't work. Anyway, welcome :)

snake
May 30th, 2005, 19:04
There not supposed to work, ive just told you what the urls will be.

Jale
May 30th, 2005, 19:42
lol, Meh and mah fast reading :rolleyes:

mhl12
May 30th, 2005, 20:16
I'm pretty sure most webmasters hate hotlinking so you shouldn't do that. I would suggest downloading and uploading them yourself and giving credit to the original makers.

Robert
May 31st, 2005, 10:43
I post the news on 1emulation, and what I do is get a download preferably from the developer's site, although sometimes I get it from another emulation site. Then it gets uploaded, I post the news item, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, give credit to your sources. I will credit (1) the site that first alerted me to the emulator (2) the site I downloaded the file from, and (3) the site that provided the changelog - important if someone translated Japanese for you.

Never hotlink to another site for downloads - you are stealing their bandwidth.

Lastly, if you intend hosting possibly "illegal" material such as roms, bioses, warez, isos and torrents - don't advertise your site here.

Lefteris_D
May 31st, 2005, 11:14
Stealing bandwith is bad mostly because it costs money.

There was a site a few months ago that hotlinked every single file and image from us. We took care of that with some anti hotlink methods.

snake
May 31st, 2005, 11:21
Thanks, so I will need to give credit.

the website will only be for emulators and not roms.

montpics
May 31st, 2005, 12:28
There was a site a few months ago that hotlinked every single file and image from us. We took care of that with some anti hotlink methods.
It did? That's the one that I really don't know about. :eek: :p

Jale
May 31st, 2005, 14:33
Me either :mellow: