Frustrating problem with kawaks...

DevilHands

When I start to load a rom after about 2-3 seconds everything just freeze!! yes! even my computer... this is really frustrating cause I have to constantly press the restart button which might end up damaging my computer... I am able to use Mame and Nebula... but it seems Kawaks seems to be the choice of gamers for netplay so I wanna try that....What seems to be the problem here anyway?

hagbard

Please tell more info about your system: OS, cpu, etc

montpics

Redownload the emulator, I mean the Kawaks and see how it turns out. Then the rom, is it playable using MAME (the very latest version)? :cool:

DevilHands

Yes...roms are playable... the only reason I want to use Kawaks is for net play. I've already redownload it but it still freeze up my computer.... I don't know but if there are no other reasons then it must be because of my video card driver....

DevilHands

In Nebula I could play online... I dont know about Kawak cause before I could even play it already freeze up my computer....

montpics

A bug? Not sure as I haven't use the latest version of Kawaks. Wait for others' in this forum and see whether they could know the problem or not.

DevilHands

Do you know any other emulator that supports netplay then? Mostly because I only get good ping on korea/japan servers...but it seems they can't join me and I can't join them....

Last edited:

hagbard

Mame32k...

Btw, lastest Kawaks works great for me. Try updating your gfx card drivers and DirectX.

Take a look at Kawaks menu -> Video -> Video menory allocation: Try video memory or system memory allocation and see waht's happen.

hagbard

I was pretty sure that it was the problem :p

Btw, mabve you forget the magic words :rolleyes:

Last edited: