playing roms from cd

the_ghost

emu wizard
Well my ROM collection is getting a little out of hand and they are taking up alot of hard drive space.

Basicly I wanna burn my roms onto a CD-R and play them on the emulator from there.(I dont want to waste CD-R's if mess up)
Will the emulator be able to read them?

I only need to do this with my NES and SNES games because I have over 600+ NES games and 400+ SNES games.

Last edited:

Jale

the_ghost said:
Will the emulator be able to read them?

Sure they will. Just set the CD-ROM drive as default directory or open them and go to the CD-ROM drive.

the_ghost

emu wizard
now when I burn them do I have shorten the names?
I hear that you have to shorten the names (ROMs wont play on the PS2 SNES emulator if the names are too long)

So do I have to do the same here?
I can rename them with goodtools and use the "force63" command to force the names into joliet CD format if thats the case, But I want to keep the original names.

Thanks

Corey4666

i dont think you would have to shorten the names i put my roms on a cd and used em in my laptop i didnt have problems

the_ghost

emu wizard
oh thanks but I already try it and your right I didnt have to shorten the names

I freed up alot of disk space

Grady

If you burn ROMS to a cd make sure the emulator saves them to a directory on your hard drive, it can't save to a cd.

CD for Emulation

Like they said yep you can, and not only that but you could run the emulators off CDs as well, takes a while to load depending on the Drive, but if your looking to save space on your PC you got that option as well. If you a got a DVD burner, that even better than using cd-r's

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
wsounitepirate895 said:
If you a got a DVD burner, that even better than using cd-r's

NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis & MAME all on one disc. :confused: