Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

mhl12

Well I'm surprised that no one has made a thread about this yet. Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I'm going to maybe this weekend. I read some reviews and they were all pretty good. So has anyone here seen it? What did you think?

Splize

I just downloaded it, but im probably gonna watch it this weekend too. I glanced throught the dl and it looks pretty cool.

Jale

I'm gonna see it the next weekend. I'm gonna see it all because of Episode I and II :happy:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
George Lucas is planning an animated series and a regular tv series that deal with Star Wars within 2006.

hanzmoleman007

Well I just saw it yesterday and I think it was great! It had a great climax to end the first three part story. Anakin turns SO freakin evil, that it changes the way
I view vader in the next three episodes.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
imo i don't think it was all that good. it was an ok movie yeah it had some funny parts and of course the action and the effects were awesome but the ending is what let me down i guess.

hanzmoleman007

305soldier said:
imo i don't think it was all that good. it was an ok movie yeah it had some funny parts and of course the action and the effects were awesome but the ending is what let me down i guess.

I thought it was wrapped up rather nicely. I know there are about twenty odd years missing between part three and four, but we can just pretend that it was filled with boring senate debate like in part one. Then we will feel like we did not miss anything interesting.

onewecallgod

yeah i just got back from seeing it. damn there was a shat load of people in the theater.... anyways, it was imo excellent. tied up all loose ends nicely

mhl12

305soldier said:

why was the ending so bad? I mean we all knew what was going to happen...

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
has any1 seen the star wars holiday special. Lucas made it and its about chewbacca get to his home planet for a holiday. Lucas tried to find every copy of the short film 2 destroy them. It a real film does any1 no if it still exists

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
well if they make seem that anakin is so strong then why make him lose the fight with obi-won and im not saying i hated it i mean no doubt they tied it up nicely but it could have been better.

hitmonlee

it had some wicked scenes and i enjoyed many parts of it, but overall i felt like watching it was one big chore, i found my mind wandering and thinking things like "gee, i'd rather be watching hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for the 3rd time".

i was happy with the ending.

the bit where darth yells NOOOOOOOO :laugh:

i thought there was too much going on - should have made it a bit simpler with less scenes and crap - less romance - how much romance was there in the first 3? hardly any and lots of the flirting and stuff all happened while they were fighting, or in down time on the millenium falcon.

TiredBoy

If I remember correctly, the scripts were written before Lucas directed any of the Star Wars, but don't quote me on that - it's just an impression I have for some reason.

305soldier said:
well if they make seem that anakin is so strong then why make him lose the fight with obi-won
  1. Continuity
  2. If you read this explanation of the types of lightsaber combat, I think there's the implication that had to develop more as a swordfighter in order to become the warrior he was in 4, 5, and 6. Remember, he wasn't a Jedi Master, so he probably had more training to undergo in the Jedi ways, including combat.

I thought that it wasn't bad at all, though Lucas, if my recollection is indeed correct, really could have beefed up the dialogue. I chuckled when I heard quite a few of the lines. It does help to tie the first three episodes with the next four, and I'm pretty certain we'll eventually see the last three come out someday since Star Wars is such a profitable series.

BUT MACE WINDU DIES!!! Grr. And definitely not enough flying around from the little green dude. The Obi-Wan/Anakin fight scene was pretty cool, but I could only think of the parody sub of the trailer: "STOP TKING YOU FAG!!!" :p

It's enjoyable in a face value way, I think.

Last edited:

the_ghost

emu wizard
I just seen it... I thought it was great.(I almost feel guilty for downloading it.)
Even though i already seen it im still gonna buy a tickit and watch it at the movies, plus I cant stand those damn numbers at the top of the screen.

Spoiler »
00001nl.png

Last edited:

Jale

^ That downloadable version is super lame! A shitty encoding, the aspect ratio ruined and some distorted parts... I wanted to puke :glare:

I saw it yesterday at the theater and it was so great. The sound was awesome :)

I'm gonna get the trilogy on DVD.

Last edited:
305soldier said:
well if they make seem that anakin is so strong then why make him lose the fight with obi-won and im not saying i hated it i mean no doubt they tied it up nicely but it could have been better.

They obviously need a reason as to why he's half robotic and wears the suit. What were they going to do, have him trip and fall into the lava at the end? Also, Obi-Won has to stay alive for the rest of the series to be true, so he couldn't have died at that scene.