emulator requirements

yugiohmaster

A+ Certified
hi I just wanted to know which emulators run good on my pc specs 449 mhz /95.48 ram and a sis 315 315e video card and it said on the package 3d phantom from pine.inc and I could run nintendo 64 and pcsxe at normal speed and wanted to know if i could use gamecube and dreamcast etc.

hagbard

You might run ePSXe at low res, but none above that.

hagbard

Check the "Unfiltered framebuffer updates" on Pete's D3D /OGL and try to check the "Direct framebuffer updates" on "Special game fixes".

montpics

hagbard said:
Check the "Unfiltered framebuffer updates" on Pete's D3D /OGL and try to check the "Direct framebuffer updates" on "Special game fixes".
I'm pretty sure it's the PC specs that let the game slow on something...... :cool:

TiredBoy

Disclaimer: Not a PC expert.

With that out of the way...Even if you could, you're not going to get particularly good results, especially with what sounds like onboard video. Remember, not all your resources are going to your emulator, so you're going to have to take out a good chunk of them on background apps and the OS.

Like dozens of people would probably say, get a new comp if you can, and at the last, a better video card. A TNT2 even will suffice for PS games (I had a 1 GHz processor, though, so I can't say how much of an impact the CPU had), but it probably won't stand up to GC/DC emulation.

hagbard

Come on, obviously the PC specs slow down a lot, I was only suggesting possible ways to speed up. To mention I was able once to run PSX games such as Tekken 3 on my old PII 350Mhz, 128Mb SD-RAM & S3 Trio 3d (funny name) 4Mb videocard & ePSXe :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TiredBoy

Just based on a quick search, it looks like the 3D Phantom's a line of video cards and the Savage 4 is an engine.

yugiohmaster

A+ Certified
what are you speaking chinese could you explain more when you write or did you have to go to the bathroom when you wrote this cause I have both video cards ok and what do you mean by engine do not mean to get you mad it is just that I only get one hour to use the internet and do not want to waist it.

TiredBoy

Chinese? What in the world?

Engine = the chip, the processor
Line of cards = A model, like BMW 700 series

I couldn't find pages on Savage 4s alone, only Savage 4s integrated onto video cards as the graphics engine. That's why I think it's an engine. Like I said, I didn't spend a particularly long time searching, so it could be screwed up data or interpretation.

If you have both, though, you may as well try them both out. Certain cards/types of cards can be better with certain games, like earlier nVidia cards were better with OpenGL than Voodoos were, if I remember correctly.

TheCreator

did u say u got an n64 emulator working well on ur pc? i was just thinkin, cos i have a pc that isn't much better than the one u have and i cant get project 64 to work well. wot emulator/ plugins did u use?

My PC (3rd one) is about 400mhz and it could run N64 rather decently, I know Dreamcast could run but, nothing about 5-9 FPS (Frames per second) and you need a good grafix card I would recommend 32 or above ive seen 128 cards being sold for as low as $60. Also some Ram might help. But dont expect to much, unless you have a 2.2 GHZ or higher PC with RAM and a high video card, Dreamcast wont run full speed.

As for Gamecube, you need to have a super computer at this point. Its some-what near playable but def. not on a Mhz meachine. sorry :(

ds_demon

Emulator compatibility question

My PC specs are: Pentium 2 350 Mhz proccessor, 128 MB of RAM, 52x CD drive, Nvidia Riva TNT 3D Graphis accelerator video card. What emulators would run on my PC decently smooth.

montpics

Any emulators that can play 2D games. Playing 3D games probably be a pain to you. Furthermore, please be more specific on what you want to play. :cool: