PDA

View Full Version : What browser is best?

Tomtaru
May 19th, 2005, 15:30
wich one is best Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer

mhl12
May 19th, 2005, 16:30
Most computer people out there will suggest Mozilla Firefox over Internet Explorer because it has a lot less bugs and its somewhat quicker. Also it has the handy "tab" feature as well.

Jale
May 19th, 2005, 17:07
Mozilla has still bugs, but it's a-must-have browser. Microsoft is so scared and therefore, it will release Internet Explorer 7 to kill Firefox.

The Browser War is nearby :mellow:

the_ghost
May 19th, 2005, 22:15
Mozilla has still bugs, but it's a-must-have browser. Microsoft is so scared and therefore, it will release Internet Explorer 7 to kill Firefox.

The Browser War is nearby :mellow:

Butters is right its still buggy, but i havent had a virus/trojen or a browser hijack since i started using it. But the tabbed browsing in firefox could be better,there are other browsers that use tabbed browsing much better than firefox does.
[ but they are still based on Internet Explorer so they still suck ]

Lefteris_D
May 19th, 2005, 22:49
I'm using Firefox now and I have no problems compared as to when I was using IE.

Btw, I also added Opera in the poll so we can have a fair comparison.

mhl12
May 19th, 2005, 22:56
another browser that I heard was pretty popular was Safari for mac but I've never used it so I can't say if it's any good or not.

donkeyknob
May 20th, 2005, 05:22
from someone's sig in another forums
The only problem I have with IE is shitheads telling me I'm a faggot for using it

i dont have any problems with IE for the way i use it- im an intelligent user of the internet. i have anti-popup software, dont d/l strange shit, etc... and so it doesnt cause me problems compared with the majority of users who complaing of IE sucking/firefox is superirior

Jale
May 20th, 2005, 05:46
Well, I don't say that Internet Explorer sucks, but it has its guard down; That's its weak point. Firefox's weakest point is its incompatibility because some sites were designed to be viewable and fully functional with Internet Explorer. Let's take Invision Power Board forums for instance. The redirection thingy doesn't work for me on Firefox :(

PhatPlaya
May 20th, 2005, 06:26
I've got IE blocked on my firewall, cuz even when youre not using it it tries to get spyware onto your comp.. :thumbdown

I use Crazy Browser, I like the tab-browsing and it doesnt clash with IE. :)

the_ghost
May 20th, 2005, 11:16
heres a bug that i found on firefox...the bug goes away after a few seconds but its still a bug, nothing too major [ it wont mess up you pc so dont worry about that. ]

http://www.ign.com/
the flash animation goes crazy and it really starts flashing,
it only happens once, But if you restart firefox and go back to the link it'll happen again.

click the link and see if the bug is just an isolated incedent of if its a real bug.

Tomtaru
May 20th, 2005, 16:42
wow that was freaky that is the first time I see that happening

Jale
May 20th, 2005, 17:55
It's not the first time for me. Go to http://www.gamespot.com and it happens the same.

Tomtaru
May 20th, 2005, 17:57
I think Firefox has somthing against the fantastic 4...

Raven
May 22nd, 2005, 01:35
MOZILLA FIREFOX RULES!!!!!! :p

TiredBoy
May 23rd, 2005, 05:52
I think Butters' post summarizes any point I'd make, except that Firefox also has the ability to integrate extensions. Stuff like AdBlock is awesome against those banner ads, for example. Or tab enhancements. I'm a proponent of the accessibility of public development, and that's where I think Firefox's strength lies.

305soldier
May 31st, 2005, 20:56
i use this browser (http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/) its really good i never had a problem with this and very few if not no bugs. i think of it as a hidden treasure since only about handful of people i know use this.

Zach
June 1st, 2005, 07:27
Looks clunky and has no screen real estate

Jale
June 1st, 2005, 15:11
The new Netscape Browser is kewl. It combines both Internet Explorer and Firefox :mellow:

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/1548/nuevo22qx.jpg

Zach
June 1st, 2005, 15:34
Its sad that there is even a choice. If Microsoft would shape the fuck up and patch its CSS support until IE7 is released, there wouldn't be a need for things to look differently

mhl12
June 1st, 2005, 15:57
Its sad that there is even a choice. If Microsoft would shape the **** up and patch its CSS support until IE7 is released, there wouldn't be a need for things to look differently

watch the language there please.

and @butters: "voy a tener suerte?" That means that "I'm going to have luck" not "I'm feeling lucky." lol :D

305soldier
June 1st, 2005, 21:31
Looks clunky and has no screen real estate

i don't really care how it looks i just want good performance (this delivers great peformance)from my browser.

Jale
June 1st, 2005, 21:49
watch the language there please.

and @butters: "voy a tener suerte?" That means that "I'm going to have luck" not "I'm feeling lucky." lol :D
Yeah, kinda fucked up :p

mhl12
June 1st, 2005, 23:46
... I was just pointing out that many kids view this site as well.

...so... :fuckyou:

lol j/k :)

Zach
June 2nd, 2005, 04:04
I'm quite comfortable with myself, if you aren't perhaps one of those filtering software suites would be good for you. Kids learn cursing from their parents, not the internet.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with wanting performance, but there is nothing wrong with FF's performance, and it looks much better for it in the end

305soldier
June 2nd, 2005, 04:37
i know thier is nothing wrong FF and thats why i voted for it cuz i've used it at my friends house im just saying that i like slimbrowser cuz of the extra skins (they even got a star trek one lol) the tab feature and the performance i get from it and i don't think it looks that bad.

alcoatjez
June 7th, 2005, 16:28
Firefox for me :)
@Butters: How is Netscape? I heard it's very good, but bigger and bit slower. I also heard it's better in opening some IE sites than FF. Is that true?

Jale
June 7th, 2005, 16:57
Netscape is like Internet Explorer and Firefox, all in one, and yes it's bigger and I don't know if it's better than Internet Explorer. The bad point is that it has too many bugs so stick with Firefox for a while.

Peefy
June 21st, 2005, 14:29
Opera is the BEST one, becuase it has the most functions, it's the fastest, and it uses the least memory.
The only negative thing about it is a 2 line text ad, that you don't notice anymore after a week. Somehow people seem to think that it's a huge image banner, but it's not. It's a 2 line google ad, and you get used to it VERY quickly since it's at the top of the screen, and you don't need any toolbars up there (wtihout from tabs and adress bar).

People seem to prefer FireFox because it's open source and because fo the extentions.
The "open source" thing doesn't affect most regualr users. (if you're a programmer, ro at all can take advantage of it, then it's awesome, but for most it's not.)
And most of the extentions exist as plugins to Opera, or is deafult in Opera.
Note: I'm not saying FireFox is bad. Firefox is kicking rad, and I love it. It is only short of a _couple_ of functions that Opera provides that I can't live without.

im so lazy...
June 22nd, 2005, 12:45
I like them both but if i had to choose between them...firefox :)

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL
June 23rd, 2005, 12:40
The new Netscape Browser is kewl. It combines both Internet Explorer and Firefox :mellow:

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/1548/nuevo22qx.jpg

i think netscape is just for fancifying people
ill go with firefox :happy: