What browser is best?

What Browser is best?

• Total voters

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
wich one is best Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer

mhl12

Most computer people out there will suggest Mozilla Firefox over Internet Explorer because it has a lot less bugs and its somewhat quicker. Also it has the handy "tab" feature as well.

Jale

Mozilla has still bugs, but it's a-must-have browser. Microsoft is so scared and therefore, it will release Internet Explorer 7 to kill Firefox.

The Browser War is nearby :mellow:

the_ghost

emu wizard
Butters said:
Mozilla has still bugs, but it's a-must-have browser. Microsoft is so scared and therefore, it will release Internet Explorer 7 to kill Firefox.

The Browser War is nearby :mellow:

Butters is right its still buggy, but i havent had a virus/trojen or a browser hijack since i started using it. But the tabbed browsing in firefox could be better,there are other browsers that use tabbed browsing much better than firefox does.
[ but they are still based on Internet Explorer so they still suck ]

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using Firefox now and I have no problems compared as to when I was using IE.

Btw, I also added Opera in the poll so we can have a fair comparison.

Last edited:

mhl12

another browser that I heard was pretty popular was Safari for mac but I've never used it so I can't say if it's any good or not.

donkeyknob

from someone's sig in another forums
The only problem I have with IE is shitheads telling me I'm a faggot for using it

i dont have any problems with IE for the way i use it- im an intelligent user of the internet. i have anti-popup software, dont d/l strange shit, etc... and so it doesnt cause me problems compared with the majority of users who complaing of IE sucking/firefox is superirior

Jale

Well, I don't say that Internet Explorer sucks, but it has its guard down; That's its weak point. Firefox's weakest point is its incompatibility because some sites were designed to be viewable and fully functional with Internet Explorer. Let's take Invision Power Board forums for instance. The redirection thingy doesn't work for me on Firefox :(

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
I've got IE blocked on my firewall, cuz even when youre not using it it tries to get spyware onto your comp.. :thumbdown

I use Crazy Browser, I like the tab-browsing and it doesnt clash with IE. :)

the_ghost

emu wizard
heres a bug that i found on firefox...the bug goes away after a few seconds but its still a bug, nothing too major [ it wont mess up you pc so dont worry about that. ]

http://www.ign.com/
the flash animation goes crazy and it really starts flashing,
it only happens once, But if you restart firefox and go back to the link it'll happen again.

click the link and see if the bug is just an isolated incedent of if its a real bug.

Last edited:

TiredBoy

I think Butters' post summarizes any point I'd make, except that Firefox also has the ability to integrate extensions. Stuff like AdBlock is awesome against those banner ads, for example. Or tab enhancements. I'm a proponent of the accessibility of public development, and that's where I think Firefox's strength lies.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
i use this browser its really good i never had a problem with this and very few if not no bugs. i think of it as a hidden treasure since only about handful of people i know use this.

Jale

The new Netscape Browser is kewl. It combines both Internet Explorer and Firefox :mellow:

Spoiler »
nuevo22qx.jpg

Last edited:

Zach

Its sad that there is even a choice. If Microsoft would shape the fuck up and patch its CSS support until IE7 is released, there wouldn't be a need for things to look differently

mhl12

Neco said:
Its sad that there is even a choice. If Microsoft would shape the **** up and patch its CSS support until IE7 is released, there wouldn't be a need for things to look differently

watch the language there please.

and @butters: "voy a tener suerte?" That means that "I'm going to have luck" not "I'm feeling lucky." lol :D