naomi emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemic

ive searched across gogle and found a whole lot of sites saying that naomi has been emulated but have not given the name for the emulator. Does anyone know the name of the emualtor?

also does anyone know when cps3 is going to be emulated?

Last edited:

montpics

Apparently, CPS3 games had been dumped and listed as unemulated rom by MAME team due to some decryption problems and other things with the NAOMI board's emulation. So, no emulator would work for CPS3 games. :cool:

hagbard

on CPS3 not only decryption, which doesn't looks as hard to break as CSP2 in Raz's words, but unknown main CPU.
Naomi 1 it's similar to DC, and if I'm not mistaken, the Chanckast team it's doing something about it. Don't even expect a release btw

About CPS-3 :
The Nebula team has made a separate emulator plainly named "CPS-3 Emulator"... version 1.0 lacks any additional features, but as far as emulating the arcade goes it works damn fine
In fact it has NO problem emulating "Street Fighter 3"... I've tested it

About NAOMI-1 :
Just like you, I've seen a lot of these "NAOMI fully emulated" and "NAOMI emulator finally done" news flashes, but haven't been able to find the name of this "Dreamcast emulator that can play NAOMI games" !
The NAOMI board's security is broken, that much is certain, and yes, the Chankast team is working on their emulator to support NAOMI too...
But if you ask me this is just early rumors

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
This thread is over 3 years old!!. Any particular reason it needed resurrecting?. Mame has had working CPS3 for a while too. Old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.