PCSX2 0.8 Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
After of months of development and testing a new version of the Playstation 2 emulator PCSX2 is now available. Here is the (long!) list of changes in version 0.8:

General
  • Compatibility has been increased since last release. More games go ingame now and 3d is okay in most of them. Vurecs improved and speeded up a lot (buggy in many causes so use the simple rec for compatibility) and IPU should work in some cases.(e.g VF4)
CPUs
  • Fixed QFSRV/MTSAH/MTSAB
  • Fixed SBUS IRQ at iop
  • Fix for end chain mode at vif
  • Fixed SPR0 chain mode
  • Fixed intc/dmac interrupts that gets cleared right away
  • Added offset/difference UNPACK modes in vif
  • VIF irq by vifcode seems ok now
  • Added interleave mode for SPR
  • Fixed UNPACK V4_5 with mask
  • Fixed small bug over VIF1 dma FIFO
  • VIF1 doens't clears str on MFIFO
  • Fixed some MFIFO bugs in both GS/VIF1
  • Fixed bug in REF/REFS dma at VIF1/GS MFIFO
IPU
  • Finally fixed IPU. Mpegs and IPU streams run so do PSS files
  • Quality of ipu playback improved
PLUGINS
  • Added GSsetCSR
    added CDVDreadSubQ, CDVDgetTOC, CDVDctrlTrayOpen, CDVDctrlTrayClose to cdvd
CDVD
  • Added some more debug info to CDVD
  • Fixed cdReadKey function to emulate correctly.
  • Modified GetToc stuff in cdvd to support dvds
  • cdvdTD uses lsn now
  • Fixed NVM (eeprom) access from cdvd stuff
  • Added reading of mecha version from an external file
  • Fixed raw dvd sector readng for dvd9 discs (otp and ptp)
  • Added hw-reg read/write for DecSet register 0x1f40203A
  • Made cdSeek change the current cdvd sector
  • Fixed NReady busy stuff
Memory
  • Added more memRead/Write funcs for speed
VUS
  • Fixed bug in branch address in vus
  • Implemented MFLAG for VU0
  • Fixed some iVUmicro bugs
  • Fixed some VPU-STAT related issues
  • Fixed vu flushing over vuExecMicro
  • Fixed some pipelines bug within VU1,VU0
  • Reworked MAX/MINI
  • Fixed VU's JR/JALR/BAL,ISUBIU
  • Added EFU pipeline to VUmicro
  • Fixed DIV/RSQRT exceptions
GUI
  • Some improvements on interface.
  • Added placetopatch == 1, which means patches will be applied every vsync
You can get the new version from here.

arnold991

Hi Lefteris_D I am new here. There are two file in download section of PCSX2 section. Can you please guide me which file I need to download ? :eek:

PCSX2 0.8 or PCSX2 SSE 0.8 (SSE Version)

Thanks for your help. :happy:

arnold991

Lefteris_D said:
If your computer is quite new(Pentium 4 or better) then use the one marked as SSE.

Thx a lot for quick reply Lefteris_D. :happy:

I have Pentium 4 Hyperthreading Processor. I have downloaded the required emulator. So can you please tell me how to set it up or some quick tutorials. Suppose how I have to show BIOS directory of PS2 DVD.

At present I have only two PS2 DVD games. One is DragonBall and other is San Andreas.

Hope I am not bothering you much.

Waiting for your kind help.

'Arnold' :)

arnold991

Sorry Lefteris_D I didn't knew that downloading BIOS files are illegal.

I got the required files, now what I have to do. Because when I browse a DVD then it doesn't directly open it up. It can look for different files like .img etc. So which file I have to show to make the game work.

Sorry I couldn't edit my last post because I wasn't able to find that option in my post and also sorry for double post.

Waiting for your help. :happy:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a good guide: http://www.pcsx2.net/guide/index.php
You will have to create a disk image of the cd/dvd in your hard disk in one of the supported formats(.img etc) and use that to load the game.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to run a game to a playable level yet.

Last edited:

kilikulai

I need help with pcsx2

ok I Basically know what to do in order to make my ps2 emulator work ... it works with ease perfectly ... i just have one problem ... when i get an image file from the cd ... the emulator only goes to the main browser and system configuration menu ... i can click on the stuff and format my mem card and all the settings even stay saved ... but no games work accualy load or nothin ... i seen other forums and some people were able to run soul calibr 2 and i have it and it doesnt load ... it only stays in the main menu ... please help ... this is appreciated ... my pc has 1024 megs of ram ... 200 gigs .... 2.0 gigs amd athlon processor ... 256 meg video card ... the second best for radeon ... my pc would run anything anyone throws at it .. thanks

Last edited:

mhl12

even with the new release of the ps2 emulator, most games still do not work.

kilikulai

ghdf

Yeh i know but people said some games worked... i tried the same same game and i dont ever ever get past the browser menu wich has the browse button and system config

kilikulai

if its not at a playable level yet ... then how can people be playing games or accualy getting into the game???? eh? eH?!? lol

hagbard

lol

Reverse Engineering has nothing to do with connecting the console to a PC. Nobody says PS2 games are playable with any emulator, and off course connect the PC to the console won't make anything for emulation.

Btw, that's getting tooo boring :glare: Please make sure what you said before post such a things

Last edited:
Some Use the reverse methood, but some just go with what ever info or dev kits they can get thier hands on. PS2 has that Linux Kit thing that costs $200. Maybe thats one way they get their info.

montpics

kilikulai said:
if its not at a playable level yet ... then how can people be playing games or accualy getting into the game???? eh? eH?!? lol
Doh! They were using save files from the original PS2 memory cards being converted into PC files and played them. :cool:

montpics

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL said:
you've used the emu right? dont you find the bios to be too slow. it was frustrating plaing it! :closedeye
Nope, but I will test it as soon as this emulator is 100% playable. (At least that I must have a PS2 game. :p ) ;)

Just keep patience to see some more news from the team! :)

n1239

PS2 Emulator: more questions but no answeres

Don't know if this is right person, sorry!

Hi,
I have general enquiries regarding PCSX2 0.8. This is a PS2 emulator right?
Does it play the entire roms downloaded form sites to PC? or does it only play demos from PS2 cds that are bought?
Also what is the best PS2 emulator to play roms.

Thanx for your time,

Last edited by a moderator:

montpics

PCSX2 currently able play some games in a slow rate speed. And again what you meant ROM is not a ROM, is ISO.

And also this emulator can't play PS2 game demos, only play these kind of demos.
>CLICK HERE!<

or this one as well.
>CLICK HERE!<