Key Configuration Problem (ZinC)

montpics

Okay, now let's discuss something on configure your own keys for ZinC especially for System 12 games (Tekken 3, Ehrgeiz, Fighting Layers and so on).

I had that problems configure it to my own keys but it seemed to have a bug? (Not really sure of that) And other games works fine after I reconfigure them. Aldo's Frontend and ZinC GUI had similar problem on that. In the end I 'tweaked' it and it worked fine. :)

Right now, I really want to hear about how you people solve it (probably there's other method?) with those games in ZinC. :cool:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I never had any real problems with the controls so that could be your problem. You'd better wait for some replies.

montpics

Lefteris_D said:
I never had any real problems with the controls so that could be your problem. You'd better wait for some replies.
Except for System12 games that's for sure. I tried to reconfigure the keys with the setting being given but it still never work. But, still would like to hear from others more to make certain. :)

hagbard

[off topic]
Well, to tell you the truth I haven't checked too much System 12 emulation in Zinc, because I was give up when sound was emulated. Yeah, that was excellent, but I feel a bit deceived when I saw my PC wasn't fast enough to run at 60 Fps those great games. I got a P4 2.4 Ghz 533Mhz FSB, 768Mb DDR-266 RAM, GF-2 MX-400 64Mb V-RAM on Win XP Pro SP1 with DX 9.0C. If you have any suggestion to run S-12 games as Tekken faster, please tell me (45 Fps as much now :p) ;)
[/off topic]

Anyway I have checked it for you: I don't like Zinc GUI, it screws up my configs, then I dump it as I did time ago. Aldo's Zinc FE works better for me, I just have to check the necessary "little green buttons" on Controller Setup (any Winterblast Input Plugin >=1.5 will do): left & right punch & kick for tekken games, then select the pad button number on the combo boxes: jb1 for button 1, etc. I hope it's useful, tell me if more feedback needed ;)

Last edited:

montpics

Did you checked it by configuring them on your keyboard, not gamepad? :)
Oh yeah, every game has its configuration, so make sure you configured it on Tekken 3 and test it. I will test it on mine later on.

Yes, ZinC GUI a little bit disappointed as the custom configuration gave you 5 buttons only instead of 6 or more which is available on ZinC FE. But that's the only one that could solve my problem at the beginning. :eek:

hagbard

Works pretty good on my PC with the keyboard too (sorry for the *laaate* reply :p)

Last edited:

montpics

That's really funny. But probably I write this one here about how I did it on ZinC GUI with key configuration of ZinC FE for future use just in case someone is having a similar problem as I am. :cool: