tekken 3 and zinc

gonzo

i got tekken 3 rom and zinc and the game plays but it runs like a bag of crap. street fighter EX runs perfectly so im wondering can anyone give me some tips on how to make tekken 3 run at a playable FPS? currently it runs at like 5 FPS i dont think my PC specs are problem but ill list it anyway.

AMD 2500+ cpu
512mb 400mhz RAM
FX 5900XT video card
ABIT NF7-S 2.0 mobo
120gb SATA HD

thanks for any help u can give :)

hagbard

Which version of Zinc & frontend are you using? I'd disable "slow geometry", and most of the texture enhancement features.

gonzo

im using zinc 1.1 and zincGUI 1.9.5. i also have zincFE 203 frontend but it seems pretty crap compared to zincGUI.

ive disabled the slow geometry and pretty much played with every other feature and option is but nothing makes a differance. maybe im doing something wrong? btw whats the best graphics renderer to use with an FX video card? normally i would assume direct 3D cause thats seems best with most other types of games that have an option for it, like epsxe emu for example.

meh enough rambling thanks in advance for any help :)

hagbard

I'd give a try to OpenGL, should work on your GF FX card, and make sure you're using the latest video plugins, v1.2. Latest DirectX might help, too. Otherwise, try with Zinc 1.0 and see what happens :)

montpics

Well, the emulation on System 12 games are not fully emulated yet as there are some missing sounds or graphics and needs to be redumped. So, when you play Tekken 3, Ehrgeiz or Fighting Layers, you may find out the FPS is not very constant and the sound glitches etc.....

Overall, that's not the emulator/fronted problem for that. Needs to take some time. :cool:

gonzo

has anyone got tekken 3 running at an acceptable FPS yet? if not then i guess ill give up on it for now. also if tekken 3 aint working right would i be correct in assuming tekken tag will run just as bad?

thanks.

montpics

If your Tekken 3 could runs between 40-60 FPS, it should be fine as you can play the whole game. (except for the missing sound of course) I could play the game till finish myself. ;)

Tekken Tag Tournament is still in unemulated category as there is something missing in which the rom itself needs to be redump, as well as Soul Calibur. :cool:

gonzo

thanks for your help, still no luck getting tekken 3 to run smoothly :( ohwell ill keep tinkering with it i guess.