Metal Slug I and Metal Slug 3

ginetti

Hi everyone.

I've just downloaded roms for Metal Slug 1 and 3, and have put them in my roms folder for Mame32v95b.

Yet upon hitting "F5" to refresh my list, i had no indication that mame detected either of these games.

One is a 12 meg download , the other around 73 meg.

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong.

The site i downloaded it from is pretty reputable and i have yet had a problem with a rom for it (i will not name the site so please do not ask, as i believe it is against the rules, if not i'm happy to name it)

Thanks for any help in advance.

hagbard

Please tell us wich specific rom sets have you download. Anyway, probably the NeoGeo Bios it's missing, as Hanzmoleman said. But you don't need to add it to the zipped rom set, just download the "neogeo.zip" and left it on your rom path. ;)

Last edited:

hanzmoleman007

I thought that in the newer versions of mame the neo geo bios had to be added into each neogeo rom or they were no longer be correct.

hagbard

Nope, you only need the bios files to be in their own zip, not only NeoGeo but every rom sets with a bios. Probably you must be thinking in kof2003, which the PCB version, not the MVS (the standard NeoGeo board), had a "bios" file on their own zip, however it's a specific kof2003 PCB bios, so it's not shared atm with the others. Of course it might change because it's not yet supported by the official Mame.

ginetti

would that be the same reason that strikers plus(1999) would not come up as detected on my mame ?

strikers 1, 2 and 3 work fine, but strikers plus dose not get detected.

EDIT:
Ok i guess that is the reason strikers plus does not detect, kk much thanks !

Last edited: