DOS emulation mobiles

TheCreator

Is it possible to emulate DOS on a mobile, like on the Symbian OS some Nokia's use? Obviously it won't be good for newer DOS games, but older DOS games like Dizzy, Commander Keen, etc. as they aren't very demanding for a phone. Just thinking, as you can getb Mega Drive and SNES emulator's, it should be possible.

hagbard

For 286 games, maybe it's possible, but I doubt fot 386 and further roms. Note that emulating a x86 CPU requires a more powerfull machine than a M68000 or Z80.

TheCreator

hagbard said:
For 286 games, maybe it's possible, but I doubt fot 386 and further roms. Note that emulating a x86 CPU requires a more powerfull machine than a M68000 or Z80.

OK, but what do you mean by 286 and 386?

hagbard

286 & 386 are old 32-bit PC procesors

Grady

286 woulden't have much support for games would it? I used to have an old 486 and it had very little support for anything, the best it could run was probably something like commander keen.. If they did make DOS support for phones, it'd be usefull, but i doubt they'd ever use it, it'd probably be more useful for someone to actually make a phone emulator, which i doubt would ever happen either.. Good luck though :p

TheCreator

if you could get a dos emulator, then could you install windows 3.1 or 95 on a big enough memory card and run it through the dos emualtor

onewecallgod

who the hell would want to run dos on a phone? i'd go crazy typing commands on a phone keypad....

hagbard

Well, it would be cool to play some DOS game with an hipotetical port of DOSbox or ScumVM, but I think the phones are not so powerfull right now