Help with NeoGeo roms for NEORAGEX

papaya

I have downloaded some Neogeo roms but it seems the files inside the zip are not for NeorageX. I tried to find for sites that have details about each rom file name that runs on NeorageX but failed. Can someone tell me where they have it so i can rename them to work on NeorageX. I remember there was a site that had these but i've lost that address...

thankyou.

hagbard

NeoRageX it's an old & discontinued emulator, your roms should be suited for Mame, then Kawaks, FBAlpha & Nebula would work too. The last 3 are also very fast & good emus, so it's probably would give a nice perfomance even on low end PCs (P2 350Mhz & up) ;)

Got them all (not roms a it's not allowed here) at the homepage

Last edited:

papaya

But I'm just used to NeorageX thats why i wanted to find the file names. Anyway which emulator can emulate Neogeo games more accurate?

And because i had some new roms it would take more time to rename all those old roms to play on Mame, kawaks etc.

hagbard

I've said Mame, Kawaks, FBA & Nebula emulate NeoGeo far more accurately than NeoRageX, which it's not so compatible with XP, so hacks are often used (and that made the authors to give up). Your new Roms, and almost every rom you can find now (excluding banned ones), are Mame compatible and named according Mame standars.

Anyaway, you can rename your roms with ClrMamePro or Romcenter

Last edited:

papaya

And one thing i like about NeorageX is because it's easy to use. I don't need to keep setting the gamepad buttons for each game like Kawaks and even if i unplugged the controller next time NeorageX will automatically switch the buttons to keyboard layout when it starts.

hagbard

Games that are less than 2 years old are banned in Mame & most emus, I'm talking of official realeases though, because are too new and still selling well so sales would be affected, then the game's devs, by playable emulation.

You don't need to confiure input for each games, for example in kawaks config some game input, then go to the "ini" subolder & copy & rename it to "defaultkeysCPS.ini" (CPS-1/1) or "defaultkeysMVS.ini" (NeoGeo). On Mame, Nebula & FBA it's even easier, you can create custom default game input. Also NeoGeo raster effects are emulated, making games like Super Sidekicks 2 & up, Neo Turf Masters, etc look the same as the real thing

Last edited: