PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a chick in Canada

WishboneDawn
April 26th, 2005, 23:30
Hello all. I'm a homeschooling (of a radical lefty no lessons variety) mom of two in Canada. I'm very new to emulators, haven't downloaded one yet. But my interest was sparked when checking out abadonware sites, when pricing parts to build a new gaming computer (which quickly made me wonder what we could do instead with our PIII) and by fond, loving memories of playing Colecovision (would love a good Coleco emulator).

I know nothing yet but I find lurking or asking questions is often the best way to learn something new. Looking forward to posting further. :)

hagbard
April 27th, 2005, 00:21
I hope you enjoy staying here, welcome to the forum :)

Btw, you can find Colecovision emulators here (http://www.zophar.net/coleco.html), such a Virtual ColecoVision or BlueMSX. Sorry but I can't point you any roms 'cause the forum rules (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/rules.php?), maybe google (www.google.com) can help you ;)

WishboneDawn
April 27th, 2005, 00:52
Here's where I show just how much I have to learn...What exactly is a ROM and how is it different from an emulator?

Fable
April 27th, 2005, 02:10
An emulator is a program required to play roms. A rom is a game that you play with an emulator. For instance, in order to play... say.. Metroid Fusion, you need the rom, and the Virtual Boy Emulator.

Welcome to the forums. ;)

PhatPlaya
April 27th, 2005, 03:34
Welcome. Here is where your journey begins ... :D

Jale
April 27th, 2005, 04:36
Welcome! :)

montpics
April 27th, 2005, 14:33
Same here. Welcome. :cool:

Genome
April 27th, 2005, 14:36
Hello all. I'm a homeschooling (of a radical lefty no lessons variety) mom of two in Canada. I'm very new to emulators, haven't downloaded one yet. But my interest was sparked when checking out abadonware sites, when pricing parts to build a new gaming computer (which quickly made me wonder what we could do instead with our PIII) and by fond, loving memories of playing Colecovision (would love a good Coleco emulator).

I know nothing yet but I find lurking or asking questions is often the best way to learn something new. Looking forward to posting further. :)

lol you sound like the coolest mom ever!! i think its easy if you think of it like this, the emulator is a virtual version of your system and roms are your virtual games. (ie your nes rom and nes emulator are your game and your nes respectivly)

btw welcome to the forums i hope you'll stay around for a while :D

hanzmoleman007
April 27th, 2005, 23:48
OOHHH a fellow canuck! G-day.LOL

WishboneDawn
April 28th, 2005, 12:54
lol you sound like the coolest mom ever!! i think its easy if you think of it like this, the emulator is a virtual version of your system and roms are your virtual games. (ie your nes rom and nes emulator are your game and your nes respectivly)

btw welcome to the forums i hope you'll stay around for a while :D

LOL. Ever? :)

One of our priorities (besides building a whacking huge AMD gaming computer) is to troll yard sales this summer for old gaming systems and TVs. My DH and I have lots of great memories and want to make sure the kids get a shot at all that great stuff. It wouold just be such a shame to mess that up by sending them to school. ;)

Okay, I am pretty cool.

Genome
April 28th, 2005, 14:52
lol your awsome most girls i know arent interested in video games. and the few i do know are only into crappy halo. old skool rox!

4th Disciple
April 29th, 2005, 02:57
Wont homeschooling mess up their social lives?

montpics
April 29th, 2005, 10:32
lol your awsome most girls i know arent interested in video games. and the few i do know are only into crappy halo. old skool rox!
You're simply never know what most girls are really capable of. :cool:

hagbard
April 29th, 2005, 13:41
Because they are all... evil? :D

Jale
April 29th, 2005, 13:55
I know a lot of girls that likes videogames and they are better than me :confused:

Genome
April 29th, 2005, 14:34
You're simply never know what most girls are really capable of. :cool:

are you a girl monts?!?!? seriously you confuse me so much :huh:

Zach
April 29th, 2005, 18:45
About anyone I know who grew up with a sister, like I did, will know they can be just as big a console hog as the next person.

WishboneDawn
April 29th, 2005, 23:07
Wont homeschooling mess up their social lives?

They're going to be gamers. What social lives? :p

Naw, they have lots of fun with all the neighbourhood kids. I tend to think school would just mess up their social lives. Take away their choices about who and how and when they'd like to socialize.

About girls, I don't know. My sister and I were heavy into computer games, consoles (even pen and paper RPG's). I don't know many women now who like gaming but I don't know too many guys who do either as they seem to have given it up. Sad.

Fable
April 30th, 2005, 04:33
Oh noes! You like AMD!!! BLASPHEMY! :p

Well, my computer still pwns any alienware comp.

montpics
April 30th, 2005, 11:48
Because they are all... evil? :D
That's what I said. :D

I know a lot of girls that likes videogames and they are better than me :confused:
Yup, I remembered one girl who is younger than me playing the Counter Strike at cybercafes (that's a long time ago) and once she picked a sniper, she became invicible and no one could beat her even the experts.

Errr, if you asking about my skill in CS, well I was just a noob. Charged, get shot and wait for another round. Made me bored easily. :p

Fable
May 1st, 2005, 02:23
lol wait... so.. mont is a guy?? o.0

Raven
May 1st, 2005, 02:54

WHAT!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT! :eek: :nuke:

Zach
May 1st, 2005, 05:46

Retard award ?

Neko Koneko
May 1st, 2005, 13:23
It's funny that the thread title contains the word "chick" and this seems to be the longest topic in the introduction forum...

WishboneDawn
May 2nd, 2005, 23:36
It's funny that the thread title contains the word "chick" and this seems to be the longest topic in the introduction forum...

It's not the word 'chick' that titilated everyone, it's 'Canada'.

Admit it. Canada is irresistably fascinating, no?

Fable
May 3rd, 2005, 00:34
Retard award ?
:dry: :( :verysad:

montpics
May 3rd, 2005, 14:13
It's not the word 'chick' that titilated everyone, it's 'Canada'.

Admit it. Canada is irresistably fascinating, no?
Hmmm, Chick = Canada....... feels funny to certain person like me in Asian region. :D

@Fable and Raven
You both drunk I believe. But still underage..... You both need to be 'canned'! :rolleyes: :cool:

Genome
May 3rd, 2005, 15:03
or it could be the formula Canada+Chick=awsome :p.

eerrk i'd just like to note that when i said most female gamers aren't actually good at games or there aren't many of them its not because of any physical reason. it's just simply because most of them don't care, or don't try. or heck maby they're just casual gamers. lots of guys suck at video games too. those are the best though because they get really angry when you beat them at games. girls just leave :( .

Форум

Fable
May 4th, 2005, 02:13
I ain't druunnnk.... *pukes all over keyboard*

jk

Pyro
May 6th, 2005, 15:22
Welcome :D