Hi I need help to start :(

Kickboxingbenny

Hi

I need a emulator to run a game. I went on to google and found this site. I went on to the Dreamcast emulators and clicked on chankast alpha. The files are small, are these the right ones? I don't know how to set it up because after I have downloaded the files there isn't any installation files or anything.

I downloaded a game the file is called DC - Dreamcast - Capcom Vs SNK 2 (cdi selfboot) first thing is I don't know how this will work and the file is extracted from a rar file.

mhl12

make sure you have the right bios files and plugins. You need those before you can run any games.

hagbard

I can't post any link to the DC BIOS because it's not allowed.. Use Google.

The DC Bios are basically two files: dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin. Note that are region specific (USA, Euro, Japan), so might have other extension, just rename & use the one one you prefer, don't unzip the others.

The run your DC iso, you need to unzip/unrar it, then emulate it with a CD/DVD emulator such Daemon Tools. Now you can load run game, if it's self boot as you said

You can find very good guides on www.chanka.org

Kickboxingbenny

now I got the Emulator running, I can't run the game and I don't know how to configure the controls. Do i need a DC game pad? CAn't I use my key board?

hagbard

In the Chankast help file there many tips, also the Chankast site have many excellent tutorials, as I told you before. I'd give a try.

Btw, can you tell us your PC specs? In particular, CPU, amount & RAM speed and graphics card matter. Operating System and DirectX version would be good to know too.

Last edited:

Seabass

how did u get it to work? i can get it running with game running but i cant start for some reason??