how to copy roms?

manolis_04

I wanted to know how to copy roms properly that u download from the internet? my xbox has been modded and i have the mame-x arcade emulator. But I want to know how you get them to work. Today i downloaded a few roms, they were zipped files, then i burned them onto a dvd-r disc. When i put this cd into my xbox it just said disc tray empty. Do i need a specific program on my pc to do this properly?

donkeyknob

ok, exactly which type of roms did you download- ie what system are you trying to emulate? i cant help you unless i have more information but you will need an FTP connection to your xbox

manolis_04

Basically i need to know how to succesfully burn roms onto a dvd-r so that it works on my xbox when i put the cd in. example: i have the mame-x emulator on my xbox, and i want to download roms from the net, but how would i get these to work on my xbox? do i need a specefic program do do this?

donkeyknob

which fucking system's roms are you tryin to emulate? and is your xbox already modded?

the_ghost

emu wizard
:my_withst

manolis_04 said:
my xbox has been modded and i have the mame-x arcade emulator

I think His xbox is already modded
dont you? Donkyknob

:joke: LOL

Last edited:

donkeyknob

i dont see you putting much effort into helping him, and this guy doesnt quite seem to understand that i require more information from him, you stupid cunt

the_ghost

emu wizard
donkeyknob said:
i dont see you putting much effort into helping him, and this guy doesnt quite seem to understand that i require more information from him, you stupid cunt
damn take it easy it was just a joke

and i cant help him becuase when it comes to xbox modding/emulation.
I dont know shit

and at least i can admit that

Last edited:

donkeyknob

if the ROMs are zipped/compressed, then unzip them. depending on the emulator's settings, you have to transfer the files to either a certain directory/folder or they can be put anywhere.... either way they belong on the E: drive. use something like FlashFXP or UltraFXP (or some other FTP program) to FTP the files over to your xbox. then run the emulator from your dashboard and it all should work