Sonic Crackers?

Genome

north west south west
i had hear rumor that there was a long lost sonic the hedgehog game. then i stumbled across this game called sonic crackers. unfortunatly the article mentioning it was in italian and i cant speak much italian. i just sorta forgot about it then i found it again this time in a russian article wich...i cant speak. i did pick out of the italian one was something about it being an unreleased by sega sonic the hedgehog game. anyone know anything about it?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
i had hear rumor that there was a long lost sonic the hedgehog game. then i stumbled across this game called sonic crackers. unfortunatly the article mentioning it was in italian and i cant speak much italian. i just sorta forgot about it then i found it again this time in a russian article wich...i cant speak. i did pick out of the italian one was something about it being an unreleased by sega sonic the hedgehog game. anyone know anything about it?

Check out this link for all the info you need :)

hagbard

The goodgen 2.05 name it's "Sonic and Crackers (Beta)" (What a surprise)

True its a great site. You might like too the Genesis Collective Offline database, which it's full compilation of the site's info in windows chm help format. The most interesting it's you can load it in Gens, just got to Options -> Bios/Misc Files and insert GCO's path. Now start a Genesis rom, then hit <F1> to browse the info about that game / series

the_ghost

emu wizard
Genome said:

I found that game too an was wondering what the hell it was
i mean a sonic game with only playable stages!
i thought it was ridiculus

but then again i didnt know it was a beta

my copy doesnt play the soundfx it only plays the music
do any of you guys have the same problem?

Last edited:

hagbard

Same here, I tried on Gens & Kega Fusion, so it looks sound fx it's actually missing

the_ghost

emu wizard
hagbard said:
Same here, I tried on Gens & Kega Fusion, so it looks sound fx it's actually missing

yeah i kinda figured that they didnt even bother
to make the soundfx because it was just an experiment (beta) game

Genome

north west south west
at least it helped me find one sonic game i needed. Knuckles Chaotics. that is a must have even though its not the game ive been searching for all these years :verysad: kinda wonder how a sonic team beta game got emulated and put out on the mainstream though :confused:

btw haggy thanx for the link!

I've ran this game before, It looks like Sonic 2 for some reason and its missing sprites. The picture on that link, show what Sega's 32x game Knuckles Chaotix ended up having implemented. There more stuff on the early sonic games too, like the Sonic3 has a few hidden lv that arent playable but show up on a list when a cheat is entered for level select. I guess sega was slow getting the games ready on time and something like Crackers could never be made public on time.

the_ghost

emu wizard
its missing more than just som spites its missing alot sprites a some physics, if I remember correctly sonic was able to walk on the cieling in that game.
and also the alot of unused/missing sprites and backgrounds are still on the rom
but they never used them in the beta

missing sprites
Spoiler »
sonic1ir.png
tails6df.png

a few missing tiles (backgrounds) ( there are 30 tiles in each stage missing from the beta )
Spoiler »
machine3B.png
machine0F.png
machineA1.png
machine78.png
carnivalD9.png
carnivalBB.png
carnival97.png
carnival38.png

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Has anyone played sonic2beta and early attempt at sonic the hedgehog 2. It has loads of levels that werent in the finished game. Its got sprites and stuff missing in it aswell.

the_ghost

emu wizard
chewbaca said:
Has anyone played sonic2beta and early attempt at sonic the hedgehog 2. It has loads of levels that werent in the finished game. Its got sprites and stuff missing in it aswell.
hmm... I gotta look for that one ^

the_ghost

emu wizard
Spoiler »
gee shit that fuc*ing beta is hard to find
but good things come to those who wait
so im pacient

never mind I had it all along
it was the "beta" Set of my genesis roms
I shouldve checked there from the begining

Last edited: