how to play a downloaded rom

hexen

i downloaded tekken2 , it's a zip file and inside that zip are a few files an there's no *.bin *.iso or *.psx so i thought maybe files are copyed from a cd, i tried to make a virtual cd but nothing works, my both emulators don't have spport for zip files (ePSXe, AdriPSX) what to do?
these are the files:
tekken2.zip:
tes1rm3u.1
tes1verb.2f
tes3verb.2j
tes1verb.2k
tes3verb.2l
tes1rm1u.3
tes1rm2u.4
tes1rm0u.5
tes1rm0l.6
tes1sprg.6d
tes1rm2l.7
tes1rm1l.8
tes1wave.8k
tes1rm3l.9

montpics

alcoatjez said:
This not for PSX. This is the Tekken 2 arcade version. Try MAME32 or ZiNc for an emulator.
Precisely, this thread moved to arcade section. :cool:

hexen

can you specify an emulator that wil sure work?
ZiNc runs on win XP? cause i did not figure it out how it works

hagbard

You might try a frontend, like ZincFE, it's makes Zinc easier to use. :)

Btw, Zinc works perfectly on XP, such as Mame. For an easier Mame try Mame32

montpics

Playing Tekken 2 using MAME32 will be a pain as MAME didn't emulate the firmware bios as ZinC did for the game. (Well, I'm not really sure if Tekken 2 needs bios using ZinC.)

Yes, Aldo's Frontend will really help much for the ZinC. I guess the only downturn is the keyboard configuration. (Guess I really need the updated one.) :cool:

hagbard

Mame and Zinc use the same bios from each Zn1/2 (cpzn1, cpzn2) and derivate (acpsx, atluspsx, tps, etc) arcade boards. Also the Zinc rom sets exactlly match the Mame ones, as their team said.

What makes Zinc faster than Mame is its own dynamic recompilation instead Mame's core interpreter, also 3D hardware aceleration (Pete's D3D & OGL plugins) helps.

Btw Namco System 11/12 games doesn't share a bios ;)

Last edited:

hexen

i have another question :)
in the game, when you press more then 3 buttons at the same time, only 2 of them are working, why? :|

montpics

The keyboard you are using (well, mine also) only support 2 buttons being pressed simultaneously.

If you want to press more than two buttons. You should try with DaFreak GUI frontend. :cool: