Favorite Arcade Game Memories

El Fugitivo

Not so much on the emulation side as the actual arcade games themselves. I have great memories of playing Rastan (see my avatar) at the sports bar my dad worked as a cook at when we lived in Montana (circa 1992). They also had a table-style version of Mario Golf, though it only had one screen and it wasn't flat like a table machine.

I also have some good memories of playing Raiden Trad (not sure about the "Trad" part of the name) at a fitness club while visiting my cousin in Novato, CA. The machine was rigged to not require quarters, so we just played and played and played for hours, taking turns between that and pool.

Good times, good times.

TGS

Rastan sounds very familiar, I think I played a game like that on my old C64.

TGS

I like Rastan.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Rastan Saga, it brings old memories.

I liked Rygar the most.

Gosia

... i havnt been around as long as you guys, my fondest memory of the arcades was playing turtles in time, that old kanomi game brought hours of pleasure! i also remember as i stared in awe at virtua fighters for the first time. I think it was the first true 3d game i had every seen.

Pvt213

Originally posted by Gosia@Dec 7 2003, 04:17 PM
i also remember as i stared in awe at virtua fighters for the first time. I think it was the first true 3d game i had every seen.
Yes Virtua fighter was a good time in gaming history.
coz with it came kof94, AOF2, Killer Instinct, Darkstalkers,x-men COTA, tekken1,Fatal Fury Special.
Yes, this was truly 1 of fighting games greatest moments in history, it paved way 4 new generations of fighting games 2 come.

Back 2 the topic, THE oldest game i remember playing(apart from spce invdrs) was an old old karate game with 2 control sticks and NO buttons.
The title is just out of reach & im just 2 lazy 2 research <_<

belmont

The first arcade game I played was pac-man.
i didn't really like it.
The second one I played and really loved was R-TUPE!