Merging Roms folders

nash79

Hi,
I have two Mame32 versions. The standard mame32 0.95 and the [Neo]MAME32 Plus! 0.90. Each of these have it's own set of roms.
Tired of having two versions running, i decided to keep on (the standart one) and merge the roms folder into one that would centralize all roms. when i moved all roms to the Mame32 rom folder and performed a restart of Mame, the emulator didnt add the newly added games to the list (not even the "all games" list) - before and after the merge the number stayed constant (5578 games).
I tried to reinstall Mame32 and perform an audit to all games but it was useless
Does anyone know what's the issue? Thanks

Last edited:

montpics

It won't change anything as MAME32 and NeoMAME32plus is totally different version compiled by different group. NeoMAME32plus mostly compiled on all NeoGeo games (including the latest ones that is not included in MAME32.

While MAME32 is still holding the old rules that newer games released will not included in MAME game lists. That's why your MAME32 can't scan the other games even you merged all folders into one. :cool:

nash79

Thanks dude for ur reply. So if i understand right what i did is not a solution, and i tried to use the neo version for all games and it didnt want to add them roms. Fo u think there is a solution to have these games managed from one single location?
BTW, How hard is it to compile a version?
thanks

Last edited:

montpics

I did not having the problems as you mentioned as I do not have all the games available for MAME.

But did you refresh them? :confused:

nash79

Yes i did, I've refreshed, audit, and even reinstalled mame32 but the neogeo thing didnt show on the available list. To show you the thing:
on my standard mame32 I have 5107 Games.
on my neo Mame32 i have 254 games.
normally i should get sthg like 5361 games. but after adding them i dont get any additional game (5107 games).

hagbard

You're probably missing some NeoGeo BIOS file on neogeo.zip . The ROMs inside are usually different from official MAME to MAME derivates like NeoMAME32Plus.
Check the audit option or download ClrMamePro or Romcenter, create a ROM dat with it & MAME, then you'll know wht ROMs (if any) you're missing.

nash79

im not missing any rom, i just want the games i have on the neo version of mame to apear on the regular one.
I dont know if there is a software that builds a list based on MY roms.
thanx

Last edited:

hagbard

Are you sure? It looks to me something is missing in your neogeo.zip, because if only one file is missing on it, you won't see any NeoGeo game available.
As I can see, you put your neogeo ROMs on the same folder than every other ROMs. You can't see the neogeo.zip by itself because it's not a romset, it's a a bios, so it's a needed part of every neogeo romset to play it.
I think your "main" set might be missing the neogeo.zip, o maybe it was overwritten by the NeoMAMEPlus one. As it's an older version (0.90) than the offcial MAME (0.95) you got, and not the official one too, the bios might differ from the official one.
There had been many changes in the neogeo bios, please check it by the case. Excuse me if it's not your case, I'm only trying to help ;)

The MAME 0.95 neogeo.zip (bios) should have the current files:

Name Size Checksum
001-p1.bin 524288 CRC(cc9fc951)
001-s1.bin 65536 CRC(8ded55a5)
sfix.sfx 131072 CRC(354029fc)
sp-s2.sp1 131072 CRC(9036d879)
sp-s.sp1 131072 CRC(c7f2fa45)
usa_2slt.bin 131072 CRC(e72943de)
sp-e.sp1 131072 CRC(2723a5b5)
asia-s3.rom 131072 CRC(91b64be3)
vs-bios.rom 131072 CRC(f0e8f27d)
sp-j2.rom 131072 CRC(acede59c)
sp1.jipan.1024 131072 CRC(9fb0abe4)
sm1.sm1 131072 CRC(97cf998b)
001-m1.bin 65536 CRC(cd088502)
000-lo.lo 65536 CRC(e09e253c)

Last edited:

nash79

where can i check this info? (at what level) cause in my actual mame (not the neomame) i can play metal slug but i cant see games such as "svc chaos:snk vs capcom"

hagbard

That's another question. I thought you can't play any neogeo game. Games like svc chaos are banned from official MAME because are very new: Only games >2 years older are enabled in official MAME. Furthermore, hacks/bootlegs like zintrick aren't playable. The newer not in official MAME games are:

King of Fighters 2003
Metal Slug 5
Pochi and Nyaa
SVC Chaos : SNK vs. Capcom
Samurai Shodown 5 / Samurai Spirits Zero
Samurai Shodown 5 Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special

nash79

is there a way to have them added. I know how to compile Mame32 and Mame32 w/frontend

hagbard

You'll need the appropiate drivers code and add them to the MAME core, NeoGeo driver ( neogeo.c ). If you can find the NeoMAME32Plus source, won't be so hard.

nash79

any good tutorial in mind dude?
thanks;)

hagbard

Hehe, no problem, I can point you something much better :)
Try this site

nash79

i got a small app to generate drivers. the problem now is to find how to setup the options in it. I checked on the site. Maybe i should roam around more ;)

nash79

I got it compiled. the SVC CHAOS game entry exist in the MAME32 but when i tried to run SVC CHAOS i got the disclaimers and i only got a blue screen. in my rom directory i found a file called "svcboot.zip". is there anyrelation between this file and the actual "svcchaos.zip" file?
thanks