PDA

View Full Version : Department Of Redundancy

<><>
December 4th, 2003, 19:49
So we have general chat, and under that we have trash zone and also graveyard. Now the whole trash zone conept eluded me in the first place since I made the trash zone forum my bookmark (most worthwhile read I have to admit), but the fact that there is also a graveyard which is a forum which normal lowlifes cannot post in is truly setting a new standard of redundancy.

What is the difference between locking threads and leaving them in trash and moving them to graveyard? I&#39;m skipping over the entire trash zone&#39;s necessity part since that would entail an ideological exchange I would probably not be able to achieve. Just in a pure logical way, please someone let me know the difference between locking a thread in trash and moving it into graveyard (other than the fact that it creates an highly useful subforum).

Jet Set Willy
December 4th, 2003, 19:59
Lefteris enjoys making forums because it gives him an excuse to use the admin panel.

Sad but true.

KidneyKai
December 4th, 2003, 20:10
As far as I know, the graveyard forum is there to show what kind of threads shouldn&#39;t be made at all. Like that &#39;nubs&#39; one, that was my call. To me it didn&#39;t seem like that thread was going anywhere plus there was a tiny bit of nipple going on. As far as i know, that kind of thing is not allowed here. Damn Minors. Could have been bad judgement made by me. I didn&#39;t think it would do any good leaving it open. Told you i sucked as a mod. This is everyones fault but mine. :P

<><>
December 4th, 2003, 20:14
Because people will browse through a forum to see the diverse stockpile of threads they should not be making???

Great can I have a users manual as well?

KidneyKai
December 4th, 2003, 20:24
I&#39;m only assuming thats the way it goes. I was told to move threads that were probably best deleted to the graveyard forum. There is some logic to it, show people what kind of threads not to make, but i can see how it would sort of deminish the status of EZ forums by leaving them up.

This is probably something best left for Lefteris to explain. I&#39;m starting to doubt myself now. Any suggestions to how I should mod the forums, are welcome. Probably the same to improve the place in general. We all need to take a chill pill, too much fury here.

<><>
December 4th, 2003, 20:35
No fury. no criticism about your modding either... just ponderous about the power of redundancy.