How to get Sidewinder to work w/ Zsnes?

kei7

Hello,

I'm having a USB Sidewinder pro gamepad. I started Zsnesw but it doesn't have an option to use the Sidewinder as the controller. I tried Zsnes- it has 3 choices for Sidewinder but none worked with this gamepad.

Does anybody know how to make this work?

Thanks

hagbard

From ZSNES Documentation - Windows 1.42 FAQ:

# Q: Will ZSNES Windows be able to use my Windows joystick/gamepad?
# A: Yes, the controls are handled via DirectInput; all Windows based control devices should work within ZSNES Windows.

Try to map the keys/pad directions on the ZSNES Config -> Input #1 Window. If your Sidewinder it's known by DirectX (Direct Input, Win XP: Control Panel -> Printers and other hardware -> Game Devices), it should work with ZSNES. :)

Gatticus

thrustmaster fox pro2 problems

I am having similar problems. In the winxp control panel and other games the joystick is reconized and all buttons can be checked. But have a problem setting it up in Zsnes. The joystick movbement is fine, but setting the x,y,a,b keys is where I have troubles.
thanks

Genome

north west south west
ive had trouble using zsnes with my controller. perhaps you can use snes9x. its the one i prefer and it responds to most controllers. if you want to use zsnes though there may be plugins but im not to sure how much alteration you can do to that emulator (plugins may be inbedded in the emulator)