How to setup controller for Mame32 Plus???

InTheZoneAC

Under options; default game options; controllers I clicked enable joystick and for P1 it says ID:1. i clicked apply and ok, but where in the hell do I setup my buttons for the controller like button a assign to button 1 on controller, move left assign to left analog stick, etc. thanks for help

nash79

As far as i know, you have to do it from inside the game. When u start a game you press Tab. A menu will show up and you'll have "input(General)" or "input (this game)". choose the first if u want ur setting to apply to all games u have on Mame32 or choose the second if u want it to apply to only this perticular game. when you enter one of these menus u'll find stuff like what u said
"buttons for the controller like button a assign to button 1 on controller, move left assign to left analog stick, etc. "​
once you're done you just have to press Esc untill you leave the menu.
Hope this helps :)

InTheZoneAC

thanks, i'll try that. i'm dying to play metal slug 4 and 5. that's the only reason I got those. I couldn't figure out how to get kawaks to even recognize ms4 so I switched over to one that reads most without any special input or modding

nash79

sure dude,
i played that thingy and it works good

InTheZoneAC

ok I found the screen to change it, but I can't select the action and assign it to a new button. i tried pressing every button on the controller to assign a certain button to each action. after I get this done, i probably won't need anymore help.

montpics

Then your very last option would be this one. :cool:

>CLICK HERE!< - JoyToKey download page (Well, I don't know if it works for you.)