The Pope is dead

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Pope John Paul II died today at 21:37(local time) at the age of 84.

May god rest his soul.

belmont

John Paul II was far more smart and clever that the previous ones.
He tried to come close to the Orthodox church and apologiged for crimes they have done in the past...
He said "sorry" for Bruno's burn and for what they've done to Galileo and stated that modern physics show how great the world the God created is.

spaceduk

he was from the same part of poland (krakow) as my grandad.

montpics

Even I don't really know who Pope really was until now (considering I in different region, perhaps), I wish him R.I.P.

hitmonlee

Lefteris_D said:
Pope John Paul II died today at 21:37(local time) at the age of 84.

May god rest his soul.

i think you mean may his soul rest in peace?

rip jp, i'll miss you and your hats.

pope2.jpg
pope3.jpg
pope4.jpg

pope5.jpg
pope6.jpg
pope7.jpg

pope8.jpg
pope9.jpg
pope9.jpg

hitmonlee

i dunno, maybe "may god put his soul to rest" would make sense but how can god rest a soul, you can't "rest" something, the language doesn't work like that.

Genome

north west south west
in both cases "rest" is used as a verb. (the action is to rest!) god is the noun. it just takes out the rendundant phrase "to his" and and makes it "rest his". im probably wrong though b/c i went to public school. :happy:

back on topic though ..pope dead. very sad :msn_cry:

mhl12

i heard on the radio this morning (a true story) a nice funny instance before John Paul II's death in his last few days when all the medai came, one of the cardinals came up to him and said that he was sorry but he had to make some kind of speech or something telling the world about remember John Paul II's life after he died.

The pope, who was quite physically weak at that time responded by asking the cardinal how would he knww if he would outlive the pope.

lol now that is a pope with a sense of humor!

Jale

The new pope is:

JOSEPH RATZINGER - "BENEDICT THE XVI"

joseph-ratzinger.03.jpg

Last edited:

Neko Koneko

DanielW said:
he was nazi youth. It was the law at that time that you had to join the nazi youth. he did desert the german army later on and spent some time in a POW camp.

But of course, that fact is being "forgotten" by all the bad magazines most dumbarses get their information from :dry:

Zidane

Social Hazzard
As far as I'm concerned no pope lasts too long so why even elect one. Just stay aithist (sorry cant spell) that way in the end you didn't chose the wrong religeon and you can choose the right one just to get off purgitory.