Is Your Neighbourhood Violent?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Mine is. I didn't realise it fully until now. There's always four cop cars parked outside the school, there's regular drug searches, and constant grafiti. Those things aren't too violent, but two weeks ago this happened...

Kid I Know (He's stupid) said the following things to someone he didn't particularly like.

Kid I Know: Hey fucker *flips person off*
Person: Shut the fuck up fag!

*Person pulls out knife, probably four inches and stabs Kid I Know four times*

Person then runs and gets tracked down, he's now serving six years in prison.

Kid I Know is still in the hospital. Keep in mind this all happened 10 minutes after school in the fron of the building.

Discuss violence.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, mine is very violent. It's one of the immigrant capitals of England (and we have one hell of an immigrant/refugee problem) and sometimes these guys decide to declare a region their own and kill people who hang about there. There are also a lot of rapes in the park nearby. And the football stadium is at the end of my road, so I witness rampant hooliganism on a common basis.
I have a 32 year old 'friend' who is too scared to leave his house very much.

El Fugitivo

No violence in my neighborhood, though Pasco isn't the safest to be, and neither is Benton City (each within 10 miles). Drugs are a big problem in Benton City; it's a very rural area, and many people make crystal meth in their trailers.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Dec 3 2003, 09:17 PM
Drugs are a big problem in Benton City; it's a very rural area, and many people make crystal meth in their trailers.
Sounds like a charming city,

Codeine

I used to live in a really shitty town house when I was younger, there were gangs, and stupid bullshit like that, me and some friends found syringes in the bushes when we were about 9. There was always the occaisonal knife fights, and I knew a guy (older than me by 5 years) who stole a transport. This city I lived in was really opressing, a lot of drugs more than violence, kind of bleak, not violent, but there was always a lot more that went on in your usual city.

I now live in a neighbourhood full of old people. Pretty quiet now, really.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Except for their damn all night binge drinking parties, fucking senior citizens.

Codeine

Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Dec 4 2003, 12:23 AM
Except for their damn all night binge drinking parties, fucking senior citizens.
They have bon fires occasionally with freakish hill billy music playing very loud:

Me out my window: DO YOU EVER SLEEP?

I am serious, one of the definite low points in my life.

donkeyknob

its not safe to walk round my neighborhood after sunset. actually, make that a 45km radius around where i live. but a 15 min walk to the next suburb it sucks to be a teenage girl- rapes happen in broad daylight. they're pretty rare but some of my friends still freak bout it

hitmonlee

mine is not violent at all.

i live in the nice part of perth. it is safe to walk around after dark (generally). the people who cause trouble in my neighbourhood don't live here - they catch the train here to rob the "rich kids"

perth however is a bit violent - we have a large population of native citizens who cause a fair amount of trouble. i've personally never had any problems with them (maybe because i don't consider them to be below me, and i treat them with respect even though they don't deserve it). they ask you for a cigarette and if you say no - you have a good chance of getting smacked in the head. they are always in gangs.

we also have a problem with asian gangs in nightclubs - however asians only stab other asians.

and we have a large south african population who are also causing problems at r n b clubs. couple of shootings, etc. we've only just had to start using metal detectors at clubs.

KidneyKai

Where i live its all talk. Although saying that, when there are random gang wars... Yeah, i got nothing to say. Watfords a poooooossy town.

Breaky Turkfast

My neighborhood is deadly, you walk out the door and some gangster asks you what crew your rollin with, when you tell them something they dont wanna hear, they attack, lucky for me i always carry around my police issue Baretta, oh ya, got that shit offa a dead cop

Zidane

Social Hazzard
Nothing happens here except an occasional theft or vandal. Usually it's me who does it though. There may be a loose dog or a domestic disturbance that becomes the major topic for at the least, three weeks. But thinking for the worst my dad baught a home alarm, he's worried for nothing. I mean we dont even lock our doors. Well, this is Canada none the less so you can't expect too much, the worst city in Canada is Toronto and it doesn't even compare to the boonies of anywhere in the U.S. I hope you Americans are proud.

Zidane

Social Hazzard
What, I mean you guys have the largest death rate in all the world. It's even worse than Africas. And they have so many problems it's scary.

El Fugitivo

We don't have a higher death rate than most African nations. You're stupid. And in any case, you can't compare a country to a continent.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Hahaha, I hate him.

Zach

After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that there is an undeniable, direct correlation between black people, drugs, violence and poverty.

I offer no scientific explanation for my findings other than my own selfish need to oppress.

Danny

My area is pretty safe. I've never had any trouble.
There have been a couple of shootings to my knowlegde, but
it's mainly full of rude boys who are too busy tucking thier
trousers into thier socks and immigrants who are too busy
pulling fat birds.

Codeine

Originally posted by Neco@Dec 4 2003, 03:07 PM
After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that there is an undeniable, direct correlation between black people, drugs, violence and poverty.

I offer no scientific explanation for my findings other than my own selfish need to oppress.
I still hate you, fucking stereotypical American retard.